Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Endesa/Electricity (Read 4580 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Endesa/Electricity
Aug 12th, 2009 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Just passing this on in case it applies to anyone else or is of any use.
I normally (of late) receive my bill at the beginning of each month and go to the post office to pay it.
So far this month, I haven't received one.
I went to the Endesa Service Point in the local leccy shop and armed with an old bill, the lass printed one off for me.  So far so good.
When I looked at it, I realised that the amount was much smaller than usual and in fact comprised only the fixed standing charges.  There was nothing for consumption and the meter readings were both estimated and the same reading (which of course adds up to zero).  Of late, since the start of monthly billing, they've been doing an estimate and an actual read on alternate months.
After much punting around, I managed to get hold of a nice lady on the phone who claimed she didn't speak English and then proceeded to conduct the remainder of the converstaion in said language.  (Priceless aren't they ?).
She reckons as a result of the new system where we had the choice to change to a new supplier (rather not thanks, having experienced npower et al in the past), that the August bills will be sent out as normal and will comprise the fixed charges for August plus consumption for both months.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Re: Endesa/Electricity
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 9:21am
Print Post  
I read in the paper that they are returning to monthly bills

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Our reading was also estimated last month but was not the same as the previous so we did get a reasonable charge compared to my reading of the meter, but we are still waiting to be billed for this month. 

Returning to monthly billing ?  We have been billed monthly since the start of the year.  If you mean two monthly billing, that would make me happy.

Tony

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Sorry I meant two monthly bills  Embarrassed

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
I get the impression (but I may be wrong) that many, if not all customers have not received their bills in the post this month.  I don't know if it's the same for everyone but we get ours dated 29th of the month for that month and you have until 18th of the following month to pay.  One time in the past (before we realised there was a deadline) we actually had a bloke wander up to our front door (on campo) and inform us that if we didn't cough up soon, we'd be disconnected so that's why I was getting a bit anxious if it were just the case that our bill had got lost in the post.  In any event, it looks like there's a bit of chaos going on.  It would obviously be less hassle if they do return to bi-monthly billing.
Has anyone attempted to sign up for the online account facility. ?  I haven't managed to find any details in English.
Cheers,
Bigyin

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 1:15am
Print Post  
I received mine a week ago .

Has anyone signed up with one of the alternative electrical companies as Endesa becomes decentralized?
I thought all Endesa bills had to go through your bank? WE did not get debited in July though

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
I suspect that the method of paying your bill depends on the setup that was in place with the previous owner.  In my case, I enquired about getting the name changed on the account for this house.  I was advised I needed to go to the Comarca in Amposta.  My Spanish was even worse in those days but I gathered that it would require me to have an architect inspect the house to confirm it's suitability for supply (which had been in place for years) and that the privilage would cost me about €800  Shocked  By a stroke of luck, when we rented a P/O box in the village, I was allocated the same number as the previous occupant so I now have my bills delivered (except for last month's) with the old name on and I just pay at the P/O and keep schtum.  Sometimes you have to bend with the breeze rather than break in the wind.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
You are not alone in this state of play Bigyin - but it was Endessa themselves who suggested that I keep the previous owner's name on the bills and simply change the address and payment account.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Crumbs.  That's a surprise.  I'll rember that for when (if) the time comes to sell up  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top