Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gran Buffet La Rapita (Read 4126 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Gran Buffet La Rapita
Aug 22nd, 2009 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Has anyone out there been to the Gran Buffet la Rapita, off the N340, Sant Carles La Rapita.
If so what did you think of the food, place etc.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: Gran Buffet La Rapita
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Have not been, but it is located at the back of the GALP petrol station off of the North bound N340 between the middle 2 Sant Carles de la rapita turnoffs. So you can all now give it a visit & report back to Rita!
Smiley

IP Logged

HazeandAlan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Hi Rita
we went here last Monday night.
Price was 11 euro for the buffet (mondays) and went up to 18euro on weekends or 20 euro for fiestas/.
Buffet times were 1-4pm and 8-11pm.
We arrived about 7:15pm and had a couple of drinks in the bar.  When you arrive you are given a swipe card
per party which you use to pay for your drinks.  We were a bit duibious about this as expected the prices to be
considerably higher but in fact they were normal pub prices. 
When the buffet opened we had to settle up the bar bill and then get another card for the buffet.
It was very quiet when we were there, only about 11 or so tables from 8pm to 9:45pm when we left.
It seems to be very popular with the lonely lorry drivers.

The food ....

Lots of choice of dishes - the seafood was excellent as was the cold buffet.
The meat dishes were not to our liking ... but then we have never got used to the 'fatty' meat here.
At around 9pm a supervisor came round and probed all the food to make  sure they were still at the correct temperature.
While this is re-assuring I would definietly go there for opening time like we did rather than have the food stand there for
over 2 hours before eating.
Good selection of sweets too.
You get a bottle of wine and water between 2 for the price also - any other drinks can be ordered with your swipe card but
we had no need for this so have no idea if these were the same price as the bar - I suspect not.
When you have finished with a plate and cutlery, you place them on a conveyor belt to the kitchen and start again with
another plate.  You imagine you will eat loads but soon get full up but for 11 euro I got to taste some new things which i had
been meaning to try but was afraid to order in a restaurant incase I didn't like them.

The restaurant does have a canteen feel about it - not the place to impress on a romantic night out .. but good value for money
and all our party our here to tell the tale!

Haze

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks, for comments, regarding this restaurant, offering buffet.
Pleased you enjoyed it, will try it ourselves sometime. Smiley

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
We went there some months ago for lunch. We arrived early while they were preparing the food ,by the time they let us in the hot dishes were cool & unappetizing, would not recommend. puddings looked horrible. Sad

IP Logged

eden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Does anyone recommend a good bar/restaurant in Mora or near vicinity that does Spanish & basic English food with a menu in English as well as Spanish or a waiter that has a little English, my Spanish is poor so sometimes I do not get what I THINK I have ordered.  Also is there any carryouts places without haveing to go to the Coast Cheesy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top