Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
agricultural grants (Read 3091 times)
flintstones
Ex Member

agricultural grants
Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:28am
Print Post  
This may be of help to anyone out there with a finca  of olives/carrob/ortanges etc.

Spent an informative hour or so yesterday at the ministry of Agricultura in Tortosa, talking about the availability of grants .

Q.  Can anyone with a crop of trees for any sort of fruit apply for a grant.??
A.  Yes....but some years, the bias is towards one crop more than another...at the moment most grant money is channelled towards olives, but it changes year to year.

Q.  So if I have a finca of 50 orange trees, can I come to you and apply for a grant..?
A.  Yes....

Q.  Am I likely to get anything...??
A.  NO.

Q.  Are many new grants being given out anymore...
A.  No, but each case is considered on its merit....we would come and look.  Its easier if you already get a grant for say olives, to then apply also for a grant for say carrobs...BUT THEY MUST BE ON A SEPERATE PARCELA

Q.  So anyone can just come here and ask about the likelihood of getting a grant..??
A.  Yes, no problem.  Its best if you come October or November time, as thats when we are quietest and have most time.  In February to April, we are very busy with the paperwork for the grants .

Q.  So if I was buying a new finca, I should come and ask ASAP if there is a possibility fo getting a grant...??
A.  Yes, Maybe even before you buy it would be  a good idea...the longer you leave it the more likely you are to lose all/part of an original grant.

So there you go folks.  If you think you may be eligable for a grant ...go and ask...!!
It wll cost you nothing, but a bit of your time.  Apparently things are all set to change in 2013 anyway, but they are not sure how yet..

We spoke to Veronica...977 44 1140 or 977 44 2126....very helpful, spoke good English.

Hope this is of help.

Liz

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Re: agricultural grants
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Has anyone here actually received a grant and how much? I'm trying to get my land back into production and would chase a grant if it was worth it.

Pete.

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Re: agricultural grants
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Yes, we used to get one for our olive finca. (which we've since sold)....but its worked out on a complicated system, depending on how much land you have, how many trees, and an average of how many kilos of olives you put through the mill in the previous 4 years.....
If you've not been in receipt of a grant, but think you might be eligible...go and ask..!!  then you'll have it from the horses mouth....not rumours and hearsay from what other folks might have...!!  Take your escritura and NIE number.

Good luck

Liz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top