Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Herbiciding (Read 3880 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Herbiciding
Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
A friend of ours told us today that there is a new spot of legislation due with regards to herbiciding

It would appear that you will now have to have a license which can only be acheived by attending a
5 afternoon training course in the correct use and safe practise of herbicides at what cost??
If you don't have the license you will not be able to buy Herbicide!!

And of Coarse the classes will be in Catalan!! Suprise Suprise

Yet another peice of useless money making legislation, which will be hidden under the guise of Health and Safety, but which is really aimed at protectionism, so that you will have to employ a Catalan to herbicide your land for you!!

I can see this backfiring on them

Well they can Bollocks I would sooner go organic or let the land revert back to nature and scrub!!

With the EU grants dissappearing in 2013 and most of the Catalan current landowners getting into their 70's and with  youngsters not even interested in Cultivation or land ownership, it should be an interesting time

What will they do when 70% of the land returns to scrub!!

Maybee that is their plan

Seems unusual to me when every documentary I see talks about the world not being able to feed the growing population after 2030

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Re: Herbiciding
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Is your grass rather 'coarse' ?

Of course it is in Catalan - that is where we live!

Anyway talking about Health and Safety I have heard you mutter once before that the Catalans never apply anything on H& S standards. Be careful what you wish for! Someone heard you....maybe it is one of those courses that you roll up for the duration and get a certificate at the end whether you understood or not!

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
From what I've seen, the Catalans (and the Spanish), adopt the old adage that "Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherance of fools" and they practice that philosophy with gay abandon.  In fact, I think they view it as a sport.  (I'm liking it Smiley I can't imagine the day when you won't be able to buy herbicide from somewhere and that the weed police will be doing regular inspections of your land.
Have you ever seen a Spanish builder/labourer wearing protective gear ?  Saw a programme the other night (might have been Coast) where a tractor driver dragging a sprayer was wearing a mask inside a closed cab.  How often have you seen that here ?
Sore point, but what about the legislation on the protection of animals ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is your grass rather 'coarse' ?

Of course it is in Catalan - that is where we live!

Anyway talking about Health and Safety I have heard you mutter once before that the Catalans never apply anything on H& S standards. Be careful what you wish for! Someone heard you....maybe it is one of those courses that you roll up for the duration and get a certificate at the end whether you understood or not!

Roll Eyes

Ahh but my mutterings on H&S were about bull runs and corefocs, non of which affects me personally, in fact i quite like the way they have no H&S or PC until now, still I will look on the positive side it will save us 200 euros a year, I will just have to convert the sprayer barrow into a mobile car wash Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Or you could buy Nen's tractor ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 1:23pm
Print Post  

Hi Bigyin
Already got a ride on mower  for the orchard but its no use over rough groung and loose rocks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top