Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
The Weather (Read 3277 times)
spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

The Weather
Sep 5th, 2009 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Last month was the third hottest August for the past 50 years in Spain. Only the Augusts of 1991 and 2003 were hotter than this year which saw many consecutive days with temperatures of 37, 38 and 39 degrees, and zones of high humidity along the coast.

Rainfall over the month was also less than average, at 86% the normal amount at 526 litres per square metre, and the last two weeks of the month were the hottest seen for the past 50 years.
Cool Cool Cool

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: The Weather
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
If that was the average rainfall for August,someone must have got a hell of lot more,we didn't get .526 of a millilitre.My nuts are all shrivelled and wrinkled and are third of the size they normally are .

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear about your nuts.  Must be uncomfortable  Undecided  They get a lot of rain over in the NW which probably gets included in the average.  We had a shower in the night beginning of last week but that was the first since early April.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
EEh Shrivelled walnuts sound painfull, you could always pickle them in balsamic vinegar, I believe it makes them swell again

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Sounds swell! I'm off to pickle my nuts in organic balsamic vinegar!! Shocked

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Last rained on 12th May in Partida San Bernabč - eve though over the way Xerta had loads of rain and even Tortosa had a sprinkling. I know it hasn't rained at night because I have been sleeping outdoors all summer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top