Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Thunder and Lightning (Read 2323 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Thunder and Lightning
Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Hey now thats what I call a good thunder and lightning show, went on for hours right through the night, Satellite dissapeared at about 5pm! so I new we were in for a good one, unplugged the TV and aerials just in case, and put on a DVD, still no Joy we lost the electricity supply, so watched the storm for a bit and had an early night, checked the rain guage this morning 30mm overnight, all water butts filled so a result there swimming pool overflowing

Only one casualty all the infra red sensor lights now are on permanently, so its of to Bauhaus for some replacements

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Thunder and Lightning
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Hi I am sure you can reset those sensors by turning them on and off in a sequence ? maybe someone else knows abit more about this but have deffinatly had this type of thing happen in the past.
All the best Phil Grin

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Power off and on again about 5 seconds later.  Some will then light up for the duration of the setting you have chosen - so if your lights come on for half an hour once activated you have to wait 30 minutes to find out that 5 seconds was not enough... or too much.  You may need to experiment.  It may be a long night!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks Guys

When the power did eventually come back on at 5 am this morning the lights stayed on for about 15 minutes then went off and are now performing normally, mind you we had pretty poor electric today two phases at 180 volts and the third phase at 50 volts, all solved later on when they cut off the supply totally, two hours later after several phone calls they eventually found the right breaker for the poor people living on the Campo, and now back to normal

I bet those people with solar invertors and batteries were laughing their socks off

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top