Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Iberbanda Connection Problems (Read 3349 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Iberbanda Connection Problems
Oct 4th, 2009 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Have you had any internet connection problems?

Do you have one of these Ovislink EVO-W54AR

Then its probably this peice of Kit that is faulty!!

rsz_ovislink.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Iberbanda Connection Problems
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
It appears that Iberbanda have either made a change or have a problem in the El Perello and Deltebre repeaters - I don't know if the same applies to the Tortosa one or any others, but possibly..

Sorry if the following is a bit technical but it may help someone trying to sort out a problem..

Up until now the Iberbanda DHCP server has been providing multiple IP addresses on the single links that people have - this would allow you to connect a basic ethernet hub or wireless access point that does not provide NAT or DHCP and then each connected device would get a public IP address.

It seems that this has now been stopped and they are restricting each link to a single public IP address.

This means if you connect 2 computers or devices (VOIP SIP or whatever) then only one will work, the second will report an IP conflict with another device on the network and won't get internet connectivity.

The solution to this is a router/access point that provides NAT and a DHCP server. Ensure the DHCP server is enabled and that each device you connect picks up a local IP address (typically by default in the 192.168.xx.xx range), the NAT should not need anything to configure it as it is not a configurable 'thing', just a function of the router.

If your device doesn't pick up an IP from the DHCP server then you may need to pre-assign an IP address using the MAC address of the network adaptor.

This shouldn't affect anything you do/use on the pc unless you are running a web server/mail server/ ftp server etc. in which case you may need to set up port forwarding on the router.

Nigel

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 12:06am
Print Post  
That is my experience. I've had a fixed IP address from the start. Suits me though as I can see my stuff from afar without mucking about with DDNS etc.
The 1Mb upload speed is great for webcams and VOIP. My 10Mb service in the UK only gives about 300Kb upload speed.

I'm impressed with the Iberbanda service so far, even got my free webspace and emails allocated.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Further to the  Ovislink EVO-W54AR, I have since replaced the crap unit supplied by Iberbanda with a Belkin Unit off ebay UK, and it works fine!! and incidentally the Belkin unit cost 13.99 sterling whearas the rip off merchants here in Catalunya charged us 73 euros for a similar yet inferior unit need I say anymore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top