Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Lion on the loose, moderate panic advisable.... (Read 7889 times)
roswell
Ex Member

Lion on the loose, moderate panic advisable....
Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:23am
Print Post  
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/534665/0/buscan/leona/perdida/

Environmental agents and police are searching for a copy of a lioness on Saturday saw two athletes from La Senia (Tarragona) who came out to play sports in the area of La Font de Sant Pere, on the edge of Rossell and Pobla de Benifassą ( Castellón).

The animal showed no reaction strange and walked slowly down the tasks involved in place environmental agents, police in the Valencia autonomous community, the Guard Seprona Civi l, Autonomous Police, rural brigades and two helicopters Catalunya , one in autonomy. A circus or a particular pet would you are the first hypothesis.

The tracks on the animal was reinforced on Sunday when another resident of La Senia spotted the lioness in the vicinity of the road. A neighbor of Pobla de Benifassą said he saw an animal "rare", along the road between La Senia Ulldecona the reservoir.

"We feel fear"

Jordi Marcobal, one of the residents of La Senia who saw the lioness, said they were playing sport when they suddenly saw "a strange animal, that it was" much less a large dog, was certainly a lioness " . "We feel fear and decide to change our route to return to La Senia" he added.

According to him, "the animal showed no reaction strange and walked slowly through the area." After seeing the lion, went to the Local Police in La Senia, which reported the sighting, and began the search appliance, according to the body.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: Lion on the loose, moderate panic advisable...
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Thank you for implementing the awareness.  This one will of much decidedness be ever watchful of the untypical and perhaps not daily hazard with a large implement and the visual instrument in assisting of the distance.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
In order to renew the information, I am recently examining my window and exclusively observing that the singular animal with black and yellow stripes is a wasp of long proportions but not possessing the charcateristic wiskers.  (heaving expluslion of relieving breaths).

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Making to be sorry, My skills in the reading are lacking and I am now observant of the fact that the lion is not posessing the stripes.  I will now be examining my bees for similarities.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Yin for the piss of big taking, get on the interweb to Mr Google and tell him you can do better than his translation page   Wink

Now, can we please keep this thread clear for genuine cries for help from Forummers who are actually in imminent danger of being eaten by said escaped "copy of a lioness"

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
You want me to delete my posts?  I'm just as concerned as you are.  Don't know where you live but I may be nearer La Senia than you.  As a result of your warning, I exchanged my plans from weeding and picking up rocks to washing up and a bit of light hoovering.
Just as well you brought it to our attention and I'll be monitoring your link for updates until they catch her.
I'm not taking the wee.  It's just that it's not always that easy to make out exactly what the translation is saying is it ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
In the recent past, I've had an escaped duck, an escaped pig and a stray puppie on my doorstep (and a wild boar last year).  This would take the biscuit

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:38pm:
a bit of light hoovering.

I hope that will not be 'a la Freddie Mercury',  Remember that it is the lioness who will want to be free !!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately, none of my skirts fit anymore  Cry  I just thought it might be prudent to find something to do indoors under the circumstances until I come up with a defensive strategy.  I did do a bit of rock picking as I thought I could at least throw a rock at her if she appeared.  Wouldn't be impressed with a thrown weed I imagine.
I don't want to be a free meal.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
'Dartmoor chronicle' 10.09.2009

'' A local environmentalist has reported that the famous 'Beast of Bodmin Moor' was seen in the vicinity of Princetown on the evening of 9th September. 'The Beast' was seen circling the walls of Dartmoor prison before mysteriously disappearing into the mist. The following day a prison guard alerted the Governor that a Prisoner was missing. Apparently the prisoner in question was due to be released the following day on 'compassionate' grounds. The Governor insists that the prisoner is not thought to be dangerous and is unlikely to have got very far on foot, given his medical condition! It remains a mystery why he should escape only hours before he was due to be released. Local inhabitants have been alerted not to approach the man in question if he is in the company of the 'Bodmin Beast'.
  HMMMM, any ideas????

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
We were due to go on an organised walk last sunday in the Parc Natural al Montsia near La Senia.  We were phoned on saturday to say a large animal had been spotted, possibly a lion, and that they had hunted it but not found it.  For this reason the walk was cancelled.

At the time it sounded a bit far fetched, but looks like there was some truth in it after all!

Nigel

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Don't know what all the fuss is about.Simply put out a very large saucer of milk and when it comes near,approach it with a chair,a whip and a top hat,works every time for me......

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Funnily enough, that is exactly what the Vicar of Stiffkey used to say.....

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Keep calm, do not scream and run away are some of the recommendations being made by the veterinary Bioparc Gerique Cati in the case of meeting the lioness which is being sought between the provinces of Castellon, Tarragona and Teruel.

It's a potentially dangerous animal, a predator and very physical force "is a potentially dangerous animal, a predator with a lot of physical strength," said Gerique, who has indicated that it is very difficult to predict how the cat will react, since animals "are very different from each other and react differently to the same stimuli.

The animal was spotted on Saturday by some youths who were running around La Senia and alerted local vigilantes. The search has spread to three provinces and involves agents of the Guardia Civil, Autonomous Police, Police of Valencia, local police and rural actors.

According to the vet, the animal is "very frightened" because in an environment that is unknown, but has indicated it is not known how to react when you see a person, whether in joy or will be threatened and respond by attacking.

Although not yet determined where the lioness be the case that someone saw the lioness, Kitty Gerique recommend that "remain calm, although it is somewhat difficult, do not fuss or cry and not run to take a call the animal's attention. Of course, Call 112 immediately. "

According to the expert, if lions are well fed can withstand some time without food, but the longer it will go hungry and even more have given flesh "predator instinct not lose it altogether."

"If you're hungry and find loose livestock or easy prey and can not flee to try to catch him, but it's hard to say because he knows the field and does not know where," said the veterinary Bioparc.

Although not yet determined where it came from the lion, Kitty Gerique has shown contrary to the use of these animals as pets, because security measures to be taken with an animal of this nature "can not offer a particular" .

The last bit lost me I admit, but it seems it has escaped from a Coke dealers, not the Circus....

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Hey Notrob

I might have known, you being a "Ringmaster" and all, would have a whip a red jacket, white  tights, knee length boots and a Black Top Hat not forgetting the handlebar moustash

Mr Whiplash to the rescue!!

Always at home with a big top

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top