Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
cheapest tolls from Barcelona to Tortosa (Read 3734 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cheapest tolls from Barcelona to Tortosa
Oct 11th, 2009 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Hi  have managed to get a few days hol in  December ,and flying into Barcelona (Easyjet)could you give some advise on best places to get on /off A7 to avoid the highest tolls as a every cent counts. Also how do you all pay for your flights, do you have Electron cards or do you stump up the £20.00 add on charge ?
Thanks in advance
Phil Wink

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re:  cheapest tolls from Barcelona to Tortosa
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
For the tolls:

When you leave the airport head towards Barcelona, NOT Tarragona.   The Tarragona route takes you via Sitges and all the tunnels and is MUCH more expensive. 

As you approach Barcelona take the AP2 towards Madrid, then the AP7 Tarragona.

On the way back DO NOT take Junctoion 31 which will again take you through the tunnels, carry on to Barcelona and pick up the airport signs further on in.

Nigel

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel
I have been stung with the  tunnels tolls you mentioned before,so know about these,read a post last year were the forum member left the AP7 at various junctions then rejoined ,last time I was down at the finca was in February this year, and with the petrol and tolls it was a expensive day out from Barcelona £70 ish  I realise there is the N11 which I could use further down but it is just too slow !!
I dont know the exact miles,400+km, but drove from above Barcelona across the pyrenees, to the Val d Boi this summer on the new uprated free A2, and only paid less than 10 euros there and back and these tolls were comming into Barcelona.
Is it just that I am a tight Yorkshire Man ! Grin

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Nigels route for going back to the airport is good,however,depending on the time of flight and because there are no tolls (If I can remember) it is nose to tail all the way so leave in plenty of time.

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:53am
Print Post  
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.26955,1.931877&spn=0.118959,0....

When you leave Barcelona [heading to Tarragonna] on the C31 Road, do not join the C32 Motorway, the part with the mindbogglingly expansive tunnels, keep on the C32 to Sitges, great winding scenic coast road, takes just a few minutes longer, join the C32 Motorway as you get to Sitges, miss the big Tolls, very easy to do... the sea is in the way, so you cant really get it wrong....

For those who have not yet found it, the free A7 is now running from Vandellos all the way up to Tarragonna, free, empty.... more exits, much easier to get to the commercial center in Tarragonna, you come off the turn at Boavista. The A7 is the toll free replacement to the AP7. Watch the signs, some places you need to get onto the separate side lane a while before the turn.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:33am
Print Post  
In answer to your 2nd question, we use a Visa Electron card from our La Caixa account.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks Pongirl for the advise ,I have a account with the BBV in Tortosa which I never use ,so next time in Tortosa I will "try" and close this account, I dont speak Spanish so this has always been a struggle there,which La caixia do you use, and do they speak any english ? also how much do they charge for the account/card. Soooo sorry for all the questions.
And thanks again Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top