Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Renewal of Residencia Cards (Read 7311 times)
santsalvador
Ex Member

Renewal of Residencia Cards
Jan 15th, 2010 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
HI All.
Our Residencia card is due to run out soon so we need to renew, I believe to a A4 size certificate, Has anyone done this yet.
We have the forms and filled them in, we also have our Passports,Empadronamiento,letter from the bank,confirming time in Spain.and the old Residencia cards.
What else is required and what is the procedure at the office in Tortosa, we know where it is.
Just trying to make things as simple (HA!) as possible.
                                     Terry.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Re:  Renewal of Residencia Cards
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Take all the things you mentioned and photocopies of the same down to the (newish) offices by the river.  Be there at 8am and you might be lucky enough to be allowed in to get a 'raffle' ticket from the 'jolly' (not) man behind the desk indicating where you are in the queue for that day.  Then again you could be too late and they will have given out their quota of tickets for the day in which even you will have to start all over again with no credit for having been there before!  When waiting sit on the right with the league of nations - the left waiting area being for Spaniards. 

Fill in an application form which is not in English but not too hard to follow and wait your turn.  (Go on a Monday and you can at least go round the nearby market to kill the time - but don't miss your turn.)  When your number is called (shown on the display) go to the desk and helpful and friendly women (in my experience) who don't speak English will enter your details onto the computer and give you a bill.  Take the bill to the bank and pay it then take the receipted bill back to the desk you were seen at and you will get, once she is free to attend to you, the green NIE certificate which replaces the old white version but should still have the same number.

Try not to die from impatience or irritation.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks Micheal but I think you were getting an NIE number, i'm talking about renewing a residencia card, I believe you now get a white A4 piece of paper instead of the plastic credit card.
                                Terry.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I think Michael is right.  I applied for my first Residencia last year and went through exactly the prodedure he outlines above and the Certificate is definitley green.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

I think you can find the form on the website of the government:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/

Maybe Michael can confirm if the ex-16 form is the one you need, the form also gives a list of the needed documents. On the same website you can find lots of other forms for extranjeros.

Good luck,
Mark

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
All about it and the form here.
http://www.nakedagentspain.com/residenceform.html

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Michael is right as I did mine a few months ago.  I'm now the proud owner of a green piece of paper that has no photo, no signature (of mine) and is as useful as a chocolate tea pot.  The old Residencia cards could be used when you needed some form of ID (credit cards in supermarkets etc..) but now you need to revert to carrying your passport or driving licence. Beware though that not everywhere will accept a driving licence as ID.

Nigel

IP Logged

adrienne

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Hi.
We did ours a few months ago and the info you've been given is correct. The only thing is that we went on a Friday at 11.30 and the office was nearly empty, so it only took an hour from start to finish and that included going to the bank to pay the money.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Hi All and thanks for the info, i'll get photocopies of all docs, just waiting for the empadronamiento which I pick up on Monday, so will go on Tuesday, already have the form EX 16 hopefully filled in correctly, watch this space.
                            Thanks Terry.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
HI All. Went today,Tuesday, arrived at 10.15 and parked outside, the police woman got us a ticket and asked us to wait, our number was 629 and 630, on the wall in front of us was 626 messa 10 and 625 messa 11 we waited five minutes then went in to a very friendly girl who checked our papers and gave us the form 790, we went to La Caixa on the main road and paid 10.10 each, came back went straight in again to the same girl, she made out the certificate gave us back all paperwork and our old cards with the corners cut off, got in our car at 11.00.

45 minutes.
What can I say. there is hope for Catalunya after all.
We even went to Lliddles after to do our shopping and used the old card. with no questions asked.

Terry.
Reading this back it sounds like i was making it up.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2010 at 2:14pm by »  

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
You were lucky to be able to keep the old residencia cards, even though the corners were cut off.
When I changed mine for the silly big green and white paper, they said they had to keep it!
I would have liked to have kept the card myself, as proof  of identity, in my purse, instead of a big piece of paper that will soon get tatty.  After all  it had cost time and money to get that.    Rules seem to change from day to day!

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Santalvador,
What is the benefit of using your Resedencia card/green paper in Liddles ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
I'd be inclined to keep the certificate in an A4 plastic wallet at home.  I find that the shops accept me showing my drivers licence.  They only check the names match.  An alternative is to do a reduced photocopy of the photo page of your passport (to credit card size) and get it encapsulated.  Any copy shop should be able to do that.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
When we went into Llidles to shop we paid by card they asked for identity, we used our old corner cut off out of date residencia card, no problems.
when we changed to the new certificate we didnt have a copy of the old card, after going to the bank to pay for the certificate we had to get a copy of the old residencia card, how daft is that.
Still. done now, and although totaly useless, her words!! it was quite painless.
                        Terry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top