Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Catalan cinemas on strike 1st Feb (Read 2667 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Catalan cinemas on strike 1st Feb
Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:19am
Print Post  
The majority of cinemas in Cataluña will be closed on monday 1st february in protest at a new law passed by the Generalitat forcing them to show a minimum of 50% of films dubbed in Catalan. Failure to show sufficient films, something that the cinemas argue will be impossible to do, will result in fines.

The strike coincides with the annual Catalan film awards, 'The Gaudí'

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Catalan cinemas on strike 1st Feb
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
The inconsiderate communists....almost as bad as the French Air Traffic controllers

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
The answer is obvious. Show the same film (oppropriately dubbed) on a TV in the cellar continuously at €1000 admission all night long. That should give them plenty of time to show what they like the rest of the time.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 9:35am
Print Post  
It getting just like britain although its the reverse there, the films have to be in any language other than english  Grin Grin Grin

Mind you its probably just like wales can you get films dubbed in welsh? or Garlic!!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
I hate dubbing, I would much rather read subtitles! I suppose if the films are in English then they are normally being dubbed into Castellano, Spanish, anyway so that makes sense but dubbing Spanish films into Catalan, not so sure about that! Catalan's still need to understand Spanish do they not. When I go to the cinema in the UK to see a foreign language film, such as Spanish or Japanese they are always subtitled. It's about being open and appreciating other cultures and languages.

Does the 'average' Catalan appreciate other cultures and languages? What do you think?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top