Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
stolen (Read 6257 times)
Chris
Ex Member

stolen
Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:46am
Print Post  
We had 3 generators, a brush cutter and a stihl cut-off saw stolen last night. Tivenys area.

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Re: stolen
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
...and my 14inch husqvarna chainsaw...........
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 6:02pm by »  

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear that Chris. Have you got any more details so that folks might identify them if they are offered for sale?

IP Logged

flintstones
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Really sorry to hear that Chris.  We were only saying yesterday that it had gone quiet..... famous last words eh...??

Liz and Trevor

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
..and one of our rental mobile homes was broken into, but nothing in there for them to steal luckily, but repairing the damage was not easy.

One of the gennys was on here for sale,brand new, with both single and 3ph outlets, but oddly this has disappeared from the for sale section and as my hard drive destroyed itself recently i have no pics of it now. The other two were chinese site gennys with full length red fuel tanks, one still looked newish, but the other one had a very sun bleached fuel tank.
The strimmer was a yellow 25cc JCB, with an air filter that was tie-wrapped together.
The stihl saw was typically stihl orange, but had blue paint on some bits of it.(just had new crank bearings and piston rings too! damn it!)
The chainsaw had no real odd markings just your typical husqvarna colour, orangy red, and had a bar cover.

The stihl saw should stand out a mile, as i have never seen another all the time we have been here.   Cry

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Sorry to hear this, I was told the other day that windy nights are very dangerous, like Full Moons, they give nighttime prowlers a real advantage, so take extra care.

Tivenys seems to be a bit of a hotspot at the moment too.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:

One of the gennys was on here for sale,brand new, with both single and 3ph outlets, but oddly this has disappeared from the for sale section and as my hard drive destroyed itself recently i have no pics of it now.

Way Way too late now, maybe - but not necessarily - and  in case this ever happens again, It will be worth remembering that you have to be a member to post - and your messages, *INCLUDING*, deleted messages can be recovered from your profile area. That means the administrators can access the messages ( and therefore identify the username (possibly more) of the culprit) if they are told very quickly after the event, even if the culprit deletes the message advertising your goods. Having said that, If this culprit has not posted again since, and you have the approximate date of posting, it might be possible to track down who it was by looking on the members list,  and searching all messages posted around that time by (now probably inactive) members by looking in thier profile areas and showing last 25 messages!

What about it admin, can any of you do this and try to catch out someone who by now will surely think he/she has got away with it scot free?   Angry

added later......

Just found out anyone can check this out. Start searching guys. Someone may know who it was once we find the message and username !!!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
See my earlier links party popper with innards (confetti) removed and replaced with rock salt and shot gun powder, strung across an area you wish to protect with a trip wire or string but make sure you aim the cartridge at the prospective thieving bastard Sorted!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top