Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Temperatures UK/Spain (Read 3202 times)
Jimbo
Ex Member

Temperatures UK/Spain
Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
I,ve been checking the temperatures where I live in the Uk (on the BBC site) and comparing them to Tarragona.
TBH there isn't a lot of difference at the mo.

Is this correct? As you guys are living there.

We want to visit this year but don't want to freeze our wotsits off.

What's a good time of the year, so we don't fry?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: Temperatures UK/Spain
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 12:55am
Print Post  
April, May, September, October

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I suggest that you look on the MSN, weather site, for Tortosa, to get accurate temperatures for this area.
Tarragona is usually at least 2 degrees lower than here, in the Tortosa area.
Usually June, or September are  perfect months to visit here.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
In my experience it can remain chilly at night and higher chance of rain until late April/early May. Starts to really heat up in June and July and August usually hot but varies from year to year, with 'cooler' and then hotter summers. It starts to cool down again in September.

May is a lovely month but remember the sea has not warmed up by then and the municipal swimming pool;s will not be open. It is a good time for lovely spring flowers and still nice and green with the cherries ripening in May.

September and October and generally warm but the days are shortening and there can be rain, torrential at that!. The sea will still be lovely and warm and you can sunbathe on many days during these months. November can have some great days but is becoming less reliable and can be windy and cool.

You mention the temperatures but it is worth pointing out that generally by February in Catalunya you will enjoy some spring like, sunny days. Even if it freezes at night it generally thaws very quickly if the sun is out and by midday can be warm again.

If it is your first visit and you don't mind a cold sea I would recommend May, it is a lovely month for getting out and enjoying the beauty of the area.

Have a great time!

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
weather underground has a live update from san llatzer, tortosa ...6.0 °C right now...

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/08238.html?MR=1

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top