Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 a visit from the agents rural (Read 17830 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: a visit from the agents rural
Reply #15 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Not guilty of removing any posts....

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Not me.
Tony

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
A few posts have been removed lately, and not just on this subject.
So who is responsible???

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
must be a hacker!? I'd like to know...what other posts have been removed, presumably not the ones about boot sales, flea markets or restaurants!!!

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ever challenged the Catalunyan govt. and/ or the Spanish govt. in the European court of human rights .W e are members of the EEC and as such have rights to live anywhere in the community. Just because the governments do not want to supply services to rural properties does not mean they can call every campo property illegal as a home.If no services are required or asked for, if no "villa" is built and the properties are bought legally, using Spanish solicitors and in the presence of a Spanish notary , how can a citizen of Europe be told where he can live, providing he is not causing trouble for others in the area.Are the rights of home owners, who have bought their homes and not taken any liberties with the size of the house null and void just because a group of polititians, who change anyway on a regular basis, decide that rural living is   "not allowed".Your comments would be interesting.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
A very valid point.Everyone seems to be running scared.If someone was to stand toe to toe with these politicians what would the outcome be ???
My understanding of the principles behind all this cedula business is that the Spanish government was bailed out to a tune of 800 billion euros.They had promised or been told to provide basic services to all dwellings.So,they built some very nice roads.Too get around the broken promises they then had to find a way of lessening the amount of dwellers in the Campo,hence this license of habitation.The knock on effect for unemployment alone of this doesn´t bear thinking about,from the banking sector down to the corner shop......
This is only my understanding of it,if I am wrong,please correct.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Our friends did fight the matter in court but got no where and it cost them very dearly. This was a criminal court because they were formally arrested for the illegal build, despite having sought permission from the local adjuntament and having all the paperwork. They had to hire a barrister and although the judge threw it out of court this was not the end of it. She threw it out as a criminal matter but they still had to face the civil courts and the costs just rise and rise. I hear what you are saying about going to the European courts and it is not the first time this has been raised. The problem is you still have to find someone willing to take the case on on your behalf and it could still cost you a fortune. Unless you have very good back up both legally and financially this could be difficult.

My view is that one of these cases does need to go to the European Court as a test case and it might be better if someone who has returned to the UK leaving their property in limbo took advice from their MP here in the UK. If you tried to do it over there you could simply end up with more corrupt individuals trying to rip you off. I would strongly recommend that anyone in this situation who has returned to the UK, and I know there are many from Catalunya alone, speak to their MP about it asap. They hold surgeries and I'm sure they would be able to offer some advice. It may be that their are legal companies who would even be prepared to take this on as a test case. If they won then it would open the floodgates to compensation. It could well be argued that the adjuntament and local officials have turned a blind eye to what is going on. They knew what was happening and failed to warn buyers.

Lets face it, how difficult would it have been to pass a law to force the notaries to be duty bound to provide clear information in English or other EU languages PRIOR TO THE SALE OF LAND to inform buyers of the restrictions of building a dwelling of any type????? That is all it would have taken to stop this mess and prevent the ' Estate Agents' from passing off agricultural land as being suitable for living on.!!!

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
hi everybody,been reading all your posts and they all actually make sense ,seems that everytime i land over in catalunya i become very confused BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE AT ALL! is the concept of a straight answer alien to that part of the world,all that fantastic weather ,food ,scenery,etc and they waste their time on petty nonsense , its an unusual place right enough. Undecided
i have travelled all over europe and the states and even eastern europe andi havent experienced anything like it anywhere else, i have been to the ebro area many times but find it very hard to find somebody to trust or to volunteer help without money changing hands ,is this normal in that area,there are one or two people here and there that have been the exception,
on the subject of mp s try chris bryant , bryantc@parliament.uk he was on uk telivision recently highlighting the problems in spain, worth a try. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Well you said it Gyro! Thanks for the MP lead, that could be helpful! There are many great people out there, of all nationalities, so I wouldn't want people to think that everyone is awful. We had fantastic neighbours in our village when we lived out there and one of them nextdoor still looks after my place when I'm not there. It's just a shame the bad apples got into the barrel!!!Hopefully now that the bubble has burst things will slowly improve and people will realise there is a huge price to pay for trying to make a quick buck at others expense.

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
+1 Viking, I have to agree that there are many great people out there.  In Tortosa, we have fantastic neighbours Catalan and ex-pat.  We're only there for holidays and the neighbours keep an eye on everything in between.  On a practical level I imagine it would be fairly impossible for the cops to adequately police the campo, due to the geographic diversity and location of the fincas, and it must be said - the inaccessibility of some of the more remote dwellings. 

What's the story with housse insurance in Catalunya? Do most of you have it and would it cover burglaries?  Having spoken to folk in Tortosa, it amazed me how many people DONT have house insurance.  I do but I'm not sure how good the cover is yet - thank god, haven't had any reason to make a claim yet......

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to contact MEPs rather than MPs regarding the Spanish Government's disregard for European Legalities???  Just a thought.

Reading some of the negative post about some people's experiences is sad but don't stop posting them because knowledge and information is critical for the rest of us to learn how to avoid the same pitfalls.

IP Logged

eden
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
I have been watching this post with interest, I am one of the people in Ginestar who is in deep deep dodo with the authorities even though I have only done what the rest of the people have done.  If you are thinking of purchasing a rural property in Ginestar then DONT as they are all illegal.  I know of 4 demolition orders in Ginestar and I believe there may be more to follow.  The trouble is some of the people that have trouble may not be aware of it, the Ajuntament have cancelled many licences issued by the old Mayor.  I have tried to PM the two people that seem to indicate they are in the Ginestar area but as I do not have 20 posts I am not allowed to do this but if they would like to contact my via PM then perhaps we could swap notes and maybe we can be of some help to each other, maybe we already know of each other, naturally I do not want to go into too much detail on the Forum.  I have contacted MEP Chris Bryant and also my local MEP but as yet have not received even an acknowledgement.  Have also tried the legal system in Spain but no luck there either. Cry

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
hi eden, iam in the same position as you,i did contact chris bryant and did receive a reply,
he is now aware of the carry on in catalunya,he is a minister of state for europe and consular affairs,
the nonsense going on in ginestar has been caused by a very small minority of people! but i am amazed at the previous  mayor who so far seems to be getting away with a multitude of sins,amazing really, Wink
as for the demolition orders,have any actually been carried out yet,
i heard from somebody whose estate agent was quoted as saying,any changes to the law were made after they built on the land and that there would be an amnesty on all builds that that now exist but no new ones would be allowed, and then they woke up !must have been a dream,  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Someone needs to get these Estate Agents saying this on record! Perhaps a hidden tape recorder and then present it to the local authorities. They were saying this years ago and it was rubbish then, I cannot believe that they are still spouting these untruths and that, unfortunately, people are still being conned. The Catalan/Spanish authorities need to take some stand on this and catch them in the act. How hard would that be! All they would need to do is set up a 'honey trap' and film/record what the Estate agents are saying. Then they will have the evidence to prosecute. Or does the law allow these Estate Agents to tell lies because they are still not covered by the same type of legislation as they are in other EU countries such as the EU? The government need to get a grip on what is happening rather than simply blame the innocents for being duped. Estate Agents need to sign up to a code of conduct and be strictly monitored on this and the Adjuntament needs to be similarly accountable with a zero tolerance on corruption.

Don't give up folks, keep writing to your MEP, MP and also write to the press. Perhaps we could organise a petition over the forum? Don't know if this would be allowed? Asking for this matter to be addressed in the European Court and an amnesty where people can demonstrate that they have been the victims of corruption or misinformation?

Just a thought but please keep flagging up this issue because my gut feeling is we are not doing this enough which is allowing the problem to continue.

IP Logged

eden
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I wonder if people know if the Ajuntament have given you a licence for an Almacen and then turned a blind eye while you built your casa de campo (with the agreement of the village government official and architect) and you then get a demolition order you can go to the Ajuntament for compensation.  Although it is your right to receive compensation you may have to go to the expense of going through the Supreme Court to receive this - more expense.
Now just imagen if Urbanismo had selected all of the illegal properties in one go then everyone would have clubbed together to fight this (instead of still believing what the Agents are telling them) and the village would end up bankrupt - perhaps that is why they are picking us off in small groups. 
Also if you have registred at BASA (as requested by the Mayor) then you will find your land has now been reclassified by Ministerio de Economia y Hacienda as Residencial - this does not change the status of your illegal building it just means that in 2010 BASA can charge you more tax. 
Just like the Ajuntament can charge you tax although legally you are not suppose to be there.
Just to confirm the position if anyone is thinking of buying a property in the campo - THIS IS LAND THAT CANNOT BE BUILT ON - If however you are fortunate to get permission to build it will be for an ALMACEN which translated to English is a barn/tool shed. Cry

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:40am
Print Post  
come on Jools, let us know who the 'alleged' person was, we have all had stuff nicked in this area, I for one a generator ( ok. it was old and broken ) a caravan ( pretty knackered too, but that is not the point ) and probably the worst the contents of my wood pile, needed that to keep warm!!! Someone has been very busy if the Mossos got two vanloads. Promise I'm no vigilante, I just want to know who to avoid like the plague.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top