Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ahh, the proud Brits on holiday (Read 2512 times)
PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Ahh, the proud Brits on holiday
Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:41pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Ahh, the proud Brits on holiday
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
uh, am I missing something here? Isn't that what Salou is all about? After all, if you wanted to go somewhere sophisticated you would holiday somewhere else. 'the students were being handed out free shots of spirits...' so what do they expect then?
I looked at the 'photos and it just looked like harmless fun, dressing in drag and in beach style clothing...ooh, shocking!!! you see this every weekend in Newcastle - Salou is just the' Big Market' on sea but with slightly less vomit and no curry sauce to go with the chips, only a Geordy would no what I mean by that...

Sorry Nige, it was the tooth fairy that removed those posts..actually I am losing the plot because I found some of them when I looked again!!!OOPS, It was all those free shots they made me take...

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
We just watched there antics in salou on bbc news here in england, looks like a standard night out in most large english towns on a friday and saturday night, although with the way the good old goverment are sticking the taxes on drink and cigs in the uk it wont be a problem for to much longer
Cheers

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
It was just El Pais stirring it up with the old anti Brit drinking/viking/pirate thing, the UK press finding a good story falling in their laps, but the locals do not seem too bothered, glad for the cash ....

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/667025/0/

Salou defiende que los jóvenes universitarios no han provocado actos vandálicos

El Ayuntamiento de Salou defendió hoy en un comunicado que los jóvenes ingleses que han estado los últimos días en el municipio, no han provocado desórdenes públicos, ni peleas, ni han protagonizado actos vandálicos con daños al mobiliario urbano o a los bienes privados.

Salou argues that university students have not led to vandalism

Salou City Council defended in a statement that the young Englishmen who have spent the last days in the county, have not led to public disturbances or fights, or have been involved in acts of vandalism with damage to furniture or private property.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top