Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 UK Airports are closed until further notice (Read 9485 times)
Nosocks
Ex Member

UK Airports are closed until further notice
Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
The UK and Ireland airtraffic have stopped ALL aircraft movements - both incomming and outgoing - due to volcanic ash. Follow this URL for detailed info,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8621407.stm

Brian

IP Logged

gollums_mate
Ex Member

Re: UK Airports are closed until further notice
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
We asked Iceland for Cash NOT Ash!!!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 8:35am
Print Post  
They will remain closed today, Friday!!!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Brian,

Looks like a long weekend for us..... Cheesy Clients couldn't get here for today and others travelling today for an appointment on Monday cant get out of Scotland.

What are we like us Brits.........the wrong type of snow or leaves brings the train system to a halt...........more than 2 weeks of sunshine in the Summer, there are water shortages, a bit of snow in Winter the country comes to a standstill........ Roll Eyes

But volcanic ash clouds, well that's a new one, what on earth could come next........ Grin

Have a great weekend.

Jools

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Hi just heard that all ryan air flights are suspended until
monday looks like it will be a long weekend

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Just read this comment about the cloud ash. It's great!

I looked out and saw this Grey cover over the sky for miles, to be honest its not too different to what i have seen out my window for the last 50 years, but I remember we did see the sun in 1976, but it was too bloody hot and too foreign if you ask me. It will be a welcome change if the ash does cool the Country down as they say, this last winter was too warm.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Aren't O'Lairy and his crew of miscreants just a pile of money grabbing gits.

If you check on the Jet2 website they have posted up to date news of cancelled flights a map of what the cloud progress is looking like and more importantly how to get a refund as soon as you get onto the website.

Ryan Air on the other hand say nothing about the volcanic ash or cancelled flights, you have to check on the news link on the header page and when you get to the news page its 3 days old and says to check with the information line to find out if your flight will be taking off Sad Sad

But of course its an 0800 number which you get charged for by the minute, currently 27 minutes waiting time, multiply that by the number of ciustomers trying to find out about their flights and hey presto he is on another money making scheme on the back of dissapointed customers!! Angry Angry Angry

He should run for Prime Minister he is so good at fleecing the general public!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Just checked the Ryanair site and flights are now cancelled until Wednesday 21st April 1300!  I now have the job of working out how to get my money back.  Thank god I was going to pay for the hire car when we got here and paid slightly extra (just in case I needed to cancel) for the pre-booked car parking at Stanstead! Oh joy!

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
'unfortunately' we are enjoying lovely weather in the UK,  better than Tortosa I hear having spoken to my sister who is over there at the moment. I don't normally get to rub it in so I made the most of it. It is this high pressure that is preventing the ash cloud from shifting. I think this is likely to continue for a few days yet so my sister will be having an extended holiday in grey Tortosa whilst I enjoy another BBQ over here.

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Viking...I am with you on this one, although we won't be popping over to Spain on Wednesday we shall be popping down to the South Coast for a weekend away in the caravan in beautiful English weather!! Yippee!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just checked the Ryanair site and flights are now cancelled until Wednesday 21st April 1300!  I now have the job of working out how to get my money back.  Thank god I was going to pay for the hire car when we got here and paid slightly extra (just in case I needed to cancel) for the pre-booked car parking at Stanstead! Oh joy!

Both my children and sister and brother in law have either got the offer of refunds or re-schedules from ryanair

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 11:28am
Print Post  
First Iceland goes bankrupt than the island catches on fire. Sounds to me like an Insurance fraud.

IP Logged

Nosocks
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 9:00am
Print Post  
ALL UK AIRPORTS now open

nosocks

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
And now I am informed that in the face of all the chaos caused by the volcano, the french barsteward railworkers are having wildcat strikes, don't you just love the French Air traffic controllers and Railworkers! I'm suprised that the French ferry workers aren't on a go slow as well just to fxck things up even more for the brits trying to get home they have never forgotten Agincourt, up two fingers to em I say

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Bonjour M. Azzellnoot.
I sink you are not fair to us Francais, becoz you 'ow you say' Paint us wid le grande broosh.
Je suis is non on Strike, boot I av alwayz work le go slow.
M.Azzellnoot, I sink you moost chill it oowt.
Au Revoir
Tu ami Caktoos Jacque Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top