Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Registered Estate Agents (Read 9435 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Registered Estate Agents
Jun 2nd, 2010 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Since the New directives from the Habitatge re qualified certified and registered Estate Agents!!

I wonder How many we bought our properties from have the necessary Certificates and Approvals to be an estate agent here in Catalunya?

Not Many I bet!!

Apologies if your are one of the few that are legal!!

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Re: Registered Estate Agents
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Good morning everyone

As an estate agent in Catalonia (am I allowed to say that?) I think it's safe to say that very few agents here are actually registered yet.

The Generalitat's 'Llei del dret a l'habitatge' law came into force in April 2008, setting the base for a thorough regulation of estate agents' activities. However, the register itself was created by a decree in March of this year and some aspects of its operation have only just been clarified.

(Perhaps the Habitatge department have been too busy working out ways to use cédulas de habitabilidad for social engineering? 1984 anyone?)

Anyway, I started the registration process (via the professional association I belong to) in April and have been told that if all goes to plan, I should get my registration number sometime in July. I won't be holding my breath...

Members of professional organisations (API, APEI, etc) will doubtless all be registered shortly, while many other estate agents will probably wait a bit to see what of there are any changes.

And I suppose there might be a few agents somewhere that are still unaware of the need to register...

For the record, the real estate sector (formerly a kind of closed shop) was completely 'liberalised' by the Aznar government back in -I think- 2002, making it possible for literally anyone to set up as an agent.

In 2005 the autonomous govt of Andalucia set up 'decreto 218', designed to put some controls on the sector and protect consumers.

Catalonia's new law aims to do much the same thing, with estate agents now required to prove experience/possess appropriate qualifications and to have adequate insurance cover and bank guarantees, as well as various other requirements.

It looks likely that similar laws will be gradually introduced in Spain's other autonomous communities.

By the way, a recent post on this forum seemed to me to imply (forgive me if I misunderstood) that you need to be set up as a company in order to trade as an estate agent, and that NIE numbers are somehow not valid as identification.

But as far as I know this is not the case: it is perfectly possible to be registered (and pay tax of course) as a self-employed ('autónomo) estate agent. Autónomos use the NIE number for tax ID purposes, which is what the number is for.

And yes, I am self-employed  Smiley

Hope this clarifies things a little. Dull as the subject is...

Jeff

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Jeff,

I think you will find that absolutely anyone/everyone has a NIE number.

If you are registered as self employed/autonomo you then have a CIF number (or your company does) it seems to always start with the letter B and followed by 7 numbers, it's completely different to a NIE number.
Jools

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Hi Jools

Thanks for your reply. Hope things are good over in Aragón!

Yes, the NIE (Número de Identificación/identidad de Extranjero) is for identifying foreigners, for tax and other reasons. As you say, every foreigner has one.

Back in the days when we had those handy residence permit cards (as opposed to the inconvenient green A4 document) I had a nifty little blue card with an NIF number (Número de Identificación Fiscal).

The number was the same as my NIE though, and in recent years I have used the NIE for all ID purposes.

The CIF (Certificado de Identificación Fiscal) number is the tax ID for companies.

When I became self-employed I registered with Hacienda (tax office) in Tarragona, and have always used my NIE number for everything, income tax and IVA included.

Naturally I also registered as self-employed with the Seguridad Social too, and I have a separate social security number.

Anyway I just hope Madrid and Barcelona don't come up with any new bureaucratic obstacles for us all...

Kind regards

Jeff

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I'm registered as autonomo as well (have been for the last 4 years) and I only have my NIE number that the gestor/hacienda use for everything.

Nigel

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Jeff,

I think you will find that absolutely anyone/everyone has a NIE number.

If you are registered as self employed/autonomo you then have a CIF number (or your company does) it seems to always start with the letter B and followed by 7 numbers, it's completely different to a NIE number.
Jools

Does the CIF make an autonomo squeeky clean?? Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Nigel wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:44pm:
I'm registered as autonomo as well (have been for the last 4 years) and I only have my NIE number that the gestor/hacienda use for everything.

Nigel

What is the difference between an Autonomo and an :-
Oficial d'Agents Propietat Immobiliari???

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Sorry Answering my own question!!

An Autonomo is a self employed person

Sorry I got confused as the thread was about registered Estate Agents

To be legal as an Estate Agent one of the staff must have the following qualification Oficial d'Agents Propietat Immobiliari, if not then I believe they are starting to crack down and impose hefty fines!!

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
hi everyone, does anyone know anything about an agent and partner working in the benifallet ,ebro area? Wink are they still operating .maybe registered maybe not ! Huh

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
What Nationality, are the couple?
Do you know?

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
birmingham and essex !

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I didn't realize that Birmingham and Essex had reached Nation Status, cripes they will be going for devolution next

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
hi everyone, does anyone know anything about an agent and partner working in the benifallet ,ebro area? Wink are they still operating .maybe registered maybe not ! Huh

Yes Why?

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Yes Why?
Why do you have to ask?, Whats it got to do with you?

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Maybe he is just looking for a property or someone he knows is?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top