Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
The record has been taken! (Read 4533 times)
PlanesPete

In the Pink....

The record has been taken!
Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:09pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: The record has been taken!
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ever been eaten by a giant catfish? They look big enough to swallow a small human...now, now, no suggestions please!! ( oh well, just a few!) Cheesy

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:16am
Print Post  
I saw a documentary on TV about the Amazon where a man had been eaten by a catfish, mind you the catfish did choke on him and died itself, but you wouldn't want to go that way would you Sad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cklqFBsse8

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Am I right in thinking that if you catch a catfish in the Ebro you are not permitted to put it back? If so then what are you supposed to do with it?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Sell it to a Romanian or a Lithuanian I believe they think they are nice to eat!

Or alternatively kill it and leave it on the steps of the local Agents Rural who are supposed to enforce the stupid law of getting rid of non indigenous species.

Its Now the Job Of the Habitatge to get rid of all the non indigenous people or so it seems!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
From what I've read,technically,you should not return any non indidgenous species to the river,catfish,crayfish and even  carp.No decent English angler would dream of killing their catch. It suits the eastern europeans though as we are still finding remains of Carp and Cabbage fricasse all around our place.....and with more to come.....

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Well, I'm not Romanian or Lithuanian but I have eaten carp quite a few times, legally farmed carp from Yorkshire- farmed by a very nice Latvian man- it was very nice, no muddy taste like some trout can have. I would certainly recommend you give it a try but its quality will very much depend on the water it lives in and what it feeds on.
The farm I mention is no longer operating, this is going back many years and he would be very, very old now.
I can't understand why we don't have more farmed carp but like many things it is all about cultural norms and sometimes being a bit stuck in our ways. The Romanians and Lithanians know that carp is a good fish to eat, with or without cabbage, so good for them!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top