Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Where is all the news? (Read 4093 times)
viking
Ex Member

Where is all the news?
Jun 9th, 2010 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Come on folks, where is all the news? The last post here was 27/5. There must be something happening out there or has everyone left? Sad

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Where is all the news?
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
All Righty Then Trivia:-

Jenson Button has today been inducted into Champions Avenue at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya.   
The McLaren star unveiled a commemorative plaque in his honour to recognise his achievement of becoming world champion last year.   
Button's name now sits alongside other greats of the sport such as Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, as well as McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton who was honoured last year. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1274590/Jenson-Button-reigns...

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Speedtraps...

Seen a number around, plainclothes Seat hatchbacks sitting near the road, Campredo entry sliproad 2 days ago, Van and Car up the road, Burgar Valley nr Rasquera, etc... Speaking to a local friend, it turns out "they need money, local festivals are coming up"

Seems they are now also targeting the excellent tarmac on the new [free] A7, a Porsche driver just got done for 216KMH, just south of Tarragona, http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/729418/0/

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
And they've put the fines up too.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Jun 9th, 2010 at 9:09pm:
And they've put the fines up too.

Yes, talking of which, I saw my first Snail Poacher yesterday, Risking a E3,000 fine and E300 per snail, bobbing around in the Rosemary the day after rain looking for the most protected and prized variety....

Not joking BTW, in case you were wondering...

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Are You Serious!! Undecided

Not that I am interested in eating snails anyway!! Tongue Tongue

But That Has got to be a joke!!

They will be arresting wild asparagus bandits next!!

Then Mushroom and Cep smugglers!!

The worlds gone Mad I Tell you

IP Logged

roswell
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
LOL, no, it is not a joke... one lady told me yesterday the Herbicides were the reason for their decline. Just 2 in a Paella and it has an amazing aroma of Rosemary

Apsaragus bandits were around a month or 2 ago, anything unfenced got well trawled by passing banditos.

No Ceps around here, think the Pyrenees are the nearest, but 1hr before daybreak a few months ago there were high speed races/convoys up into the Park Dels Ports to get the best mushrooms and parking spots.

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 4:06am
Print Post  
So presumably if any snails go missing from their bush the local gestapo will be following those snail trails!!!! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top