Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Home Made Allioli (Read 4276 times)
hazelnut
Ex Member

Home Made Allioli
Jul 2nd, 2010 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Found a new use for our growing Egg mountain !!
Home Made Allioli, I tried several recipes that said you had to drizzle oil into the Egg, Salt and Garlic puree whilst blending, every time I tried it it either split or tasted crap, then I found this Video on Youtube 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iguDyQ1Vdm0

Use Girasol (Sunflower Oil) instead of olive oil as Olive oil has too strong a taste!!

I can now make great tasting Alioli in 1 minute flat, it never splits and it tastes great, for extra taste a teaspoon full of lemon juice adds a bit of zing, or if I add a squirt of Sweet chili dipping sauce I get Garlic Marie Rose sauce for prawns Yum Yum!!

Much better than Shop Bought Allioli, Tastier and with no additives it keeps in the fridge for about a week

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Re: Home Made Allioli
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Sounds great but I am an olive oil fan myself!! The locals like it really strong with tons of garlic, it disguises the taste ( or lack of ) of their cuisine!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Sorry i meant our own extra virgin first pressing olive oil which is great on salads but too strong for Allioli

If you buy the cheapest and lightest colour olive oil from the supermarket then thats got less flavour and is great for Allioli

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 9:01am
Print Post  
I'll let you off with that one!!! I am also a great Olive Oil fan ( atic ) Lets just say I have 'gone all Madonna!!! No not pointy bras and fishnets, I read that she only allows Olive Oil on her table when entertaining, not butter!!! Hmmm, does that sound even more dodgy???

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Like a virgin....touched for the very first time...ooh, oooh, la, la ,la, !!!!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
There is some very good medication available nowadays...and given time you should make a full recovery

IP Logged

viking
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
that would be a shame!!! I have heard there may be some good treatment for  your little condition too, but no doubt you are quite happy to leave things as they are!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top