Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Reus Airport Car Hire (Read 25106 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Reus Airport Car Hire
Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Hi Pete
Yes got the Nationwide card , and also the FairFX for Ryanair,Good old Martin Lewis.
Nigel why not open a new section Money Saving !!!
Also on the Nationwide card ,used it the other day to book car hire and fee for using card  was £3.00 by chance swapped over to Barclays connect card,   no charge ,shows you you have to be on the ball.

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Used Goldcar during or last visit, flew into El Prat, picked up by Goldcar and taken to offices, prompt service, English speaking. When we returned no fuss drop in the keys,wait for transport to T2 no problems we thought it good value for money. We will try them when we fly into Reus.

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:34am
Print Post  
We used pepe cars at ElPrat again picked up at airport  in Feb this year, no problems,wife had read a few bad reviews ,charging for cleaning etc.. but as long as you spend a few Euros giving it a wash and vac to get the finca track dust of " yes have read the no unsurfaced road clause" as good as new, they were the cheapest and  got a good new desel C4 for a week for £70.00 inc extra cover will use again.
only thing would to mention is set your GPS so you can get back  to drop of office saves getting lost in the back streets round the airport. Grin

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #18 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Goldcar at Reus just quoted €220 for a fiesta for a week plus compulsory tankful at €70 extra.

Where are pepe cars please?!?

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #19 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Have always booked through Carjet.co.uk or doyouspain.com and have had good experiences with both over the years.Lately I've booked direct with goldcar and have found that if you book direct you have a better chance of getting the car you booked or a free upgrade, almost always when booking through an agent I've gotten an older,smaller model especially in low season.Anyone else notice this or am I just imagining it ?

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #20 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
We booked direct and did get the upgrade

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Pete
Here is the address for Pepe cars drop off and pick up office taken from my GPS Avinguda De les Garrigues it is very close to Elprat Airport but damm difficult to find without GPS , car is empty when you pick up but petrol station is very close to office, no getting stung with paying them for fuel .we were picked up at the Airport with a minibus with no problem, apparently they are well know to the Spanish, would have no hessitation using them again.
all the best Phil

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Hi Pete. Wink regarding Nationwide flexi acount. i have been using mine here, for almost 4 years to draw money out FOC. However since Nov 2010 they have introduced a charge, and i now have to pay 6 pounds each time I withdraw 300 euros. If they are not charging you, I will hot foot it to my English branch of nationwide when I go over next week, and ask for a refund. At the moment i am using my Natiowide credit card to make purchases where i can, and paying t off straight away on line.They are not making a charge for using this in Europe until July. Anyone know of another bank that still allows free withdrawls in Europe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Yeh, the Nationwide charges are a nuisance but they're still cheaper than other Visa cards I have and much cheaper than the 'Charge in GBP' which keeps being offered at ATMs or card machines in shops.
If anyone knows better then please let us know!!

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #24 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Some visitors just booked Toyota Aygo from Hertz for €210 a week and were given a BMW 3 series 2,0 deisel instead! Bargain.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #25 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Just booked Volkswagon Caddy for 21 days direct with Goldcar 21 June til 12 July e415, not bad I think.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top