Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Motorway robberies (Read 8594 times)
Chris
Ex Member

Motorway robberies
Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Just a warning to anyone travelling on the AP7, we had some guests booked in for this week who never arrived.We have just learned that they were held up at gun-point on the AP7 and robbed of all their possessions. Our guests, with children in the car were so traumatised, they turned around and went home.  According to the police, there have been 14 other similar robberies, all on the AP7 recently. The robbers pull along side and point to a rear tyre shouting "fire", so once pulled over they then pull a gun out and take everthing. Robbers are south Americans we believe. If we find out what make/model of car they use i'll post on here.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Motorway robberies
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Do you have any idea what area they were in when stopped?

Thats absolutely awful and at Gunpoint!!

They must have been terrified!!

Its a shame the Police can't catch them with all the busy work they are doing making sure there is not too much crap in a dog kennel and stopping lorry drivers on the C12

Goes to show you should never stop for anyone on that AP7 put your foot down I say better to be stopped for speeding than for a mugging

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I seem to recall there is an english contact number for the police, it was posted on the forum but I can't find it !!

Is it 112?

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Just a little more info we managed to get,  the car type and model still unknown,  they managed to get the number plate but when checked on the police computer the number did not exist. It happened just south of Barcelona, they had just switched to his wife driving as he was very tired, and according to the police, the robbers target women drivers as they are easier to frighten into stopping.
Can you imagine how terrified his children must have been?
They will live with this memory for a long time.
There is a lot more crime round here than we ever thought is'nt there?

IP Logged

Mottslott

Every day is a bonus

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Maybe these bandits saw how the policia work on the AP7, after our last visit to Aldover we were driving back to the UK Via France and were north of Barcelona when an unmarked car with 4 men in it drove up along side of our van, one of the men in the front passenger seat put an ID type card up to the window with the word POLICIA on it and pointed to the slip road, he went off in front and we followed.
We came to the car and stopped behind it, the front seat passenger got out of the car and came to me on the drivers side of our van, a back set passenger got out of the car and stood menacingly infront of the van with his gun , although not drawn, in full view.
We were asked for our passports, where we had been, where we were going and why, what money we had, we showed them what little cash we were carrying he said no 'more monies', we told him we had no more, 'I look in the bag' he said refering to the handbag and rifled through it, meanwhile the man with the pistol had opened the side door of the van and was looking in the back (which was empty), we were then asked if we had any drugs, he looked through my wallet again and emptied it on the seat. Having satisfied himself that we had nothing he just said 'Gracias, be careful' and they both got back in the car and it sped away and they were gone.
All of this happened in the space of a few minutes and it took us 10 minutes to put everything back together and to decide that we hadn't been robbed but we did talk about it afterwards and said how easy it would have been for it to have been a robbery because we handed over our wallet and purse, with cash and credit cards in, passports and everthing. We believe that they were the Policia, we wern't robbed but how easily we could have been.
Next time we wont offer everything up so easily

Home is where the heart is

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Hazlenut,
Allthough there is a number that is advertised as being manned by English speaking Police,in reality when I had to ring it,after we where mugged,they only spoke Catalan !

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Mottslott,, I think these were the robbers and that you were very lucky. I think the best thing to do would be to acknowledge them , but to drive on to the next filling station and stop outside the main building, or right in front of the fuel pumps where there may be security cameras. If they don't follow you in they are not the police!

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
Mottslott,, I think these were the robbers and that you were very lucky. I think the best thing to do would be to acknowledge them , but to drive on to the next filling station and stop outside the main building, or right in front of the fuel pumps where there may be security cameras. If they don't follow you in they are not the police!
good advice chris,remember baz and debs going back to the uk in nov someone pulled a gun on them in the same area of the AP7 and shot at them because they wouldn't pull over  Angrywhere are the cops when you need them?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 11:00am
Print Post  
4 blokes in a car dressed like Mossos (I meant the Blokes not the car) you would have thought that with 14 instances recently the polis might have stopped them by now!!

Or are they too busy having a f*g at the Payages and stopping easy targets like people taking fags and booze back to the UK !!

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Friends of ours were recently robbed...same area A 7 but  they didn't see any gun...Two women ( victims ) driving a brit reg car .They had just left a service area. Haven't the police got any  numberplate recognition equipment as it seems too easy for the bandits to drive around with false plates and guns. I think they could easily catch them if they tried.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2010 at 6:24pm by »  

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
We were amazed the other week flying in past midnight, we stopped at the services at Hospitalet around 2.30AM ,  there were dozens of familys sleeping on the pavement outside there cars in the car park ,I am now wondering if it was all about safety in numbers? Huh

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #11 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I think you'll find they were Moroccans travelling south from France and Belgium for their annual hols.  Cooler and more comfortable sleeping outside than in their vehicles.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Probably less smelly as well!!  Wink Wink Wink

You cant beat a good bit of fresh air!!

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!