Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Yet again (Read 38769 times)
Jislaaik
Ex Member

Re: Yet again
Reply #15 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 6:06am
Print Post  
They always seems to return. When we were burgled, they came back the next night for a second helping.

Did you have any builders or servicemen around prior?

IP Logged

Chris
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 11:33am
Print Post  
No, no tradesmen or anything like that, we think we were spotted leaving the village. Yes, everyones a suspect now!

IP Logged

ChrisCIS

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Hi there. I am very sorry to here about all the thefts in your neck of the woods. I do not wish annoy anybody by talking about insurance at this time but Catalunya Insurance Services can insure rural properties and/or advise on what is required to obtain insurance. If any body needs help or advice please feel free to contact us.

0034 977092043
sales@catalunyainsuranceservices.com

Catalunya Insurance Services
0034 977092044
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Ahh yes but when I checked into Insuring Rural Property and Contents, with several insurance providers, everyone we asked would not insure anything with an engine on it, ie Strimmer, Rotovator, Quad Bike, Tractor, lawn mower,generator, water pump, stone cutter, chain saw, etc etc these were not covered under Finca Contents and had to be insured separately which is a Joke!! , and these things were the main items you would want to insure High Value Items!! Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
After we were done 4 times, we got an alarm which has sensors outside the property, calls my mobile and lets me listen in and shout back through a speaker. It has gone off a few times but we haven't been broken into.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Sounds like a great Idea What did it Cost for the Unit?

IP Logged

ChrisCIS

Forum newbie

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Hi Hazelnut. We can insure most of those items but a lot depends on where and how they are stored. Best thing is talk to Mary, she will advise. Quotations are free and there is no obligation.

0034 977092044
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Most items stored on a locked Garage with steel Almacen doors!

But why should they be insured separately? in England they are insured with your house contents even if in a wooden shed!!

I will be glad to get away from here, mind you most people have already gone!!

Will the last estranyero forced out of Cataloonia please turn off the lights!!!

IP Logged

ChrisCIS

Forum newbie

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Tools and equipment are insured in the main contract, not seperate. If the garage or shed is attached to the main building then there is no problem. If it is away from the main building we can insure the tools as non specified items. Tractors would have to be next to the house. The garage or shed would need secure doors and bars at any windows. Items of over 500 euros in value would need proof of purchase or valuation of some sort. So no seperate contract needed if the criteria fits. Again the best thing is to talk to us.

0034 977092044
IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #24 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
PlanesPete wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:21pm:
After we were done 4 times, we got an alarm which has sensors outside the property, calls my mobile and lets me listen in and shout back through a speaker. It has gone off a few times but we haven't been broken into.

Hello Pete would you be kind enough to send me some details about your alarm system, i.e. where to buy, how it works, how easy to install  a.s.f
Regards
Alfred

IP Logged

brewnut
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #25 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
sorry to hear about the burglary, I can relate; happened twice to me in the States probably because there was a for sale sign on my property, mofus did it in broad daylight...
Can one apply for a shotgun permit in Spain? Angry
I will for sure install a kickass alarm system... Grin

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #26 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
There are lots of suitable alarms on eBay or alibaba. Here is a good example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270957633368. You just need a mobile phone SIM card and the alarms are easy to set up by entering the phone numbers to text & call. The sensors are all wireless, the batteries last about a year. The alarm units have built-in backup batteries and they are powered by a low voltage transformer so it's quite straightforward to power them from a simple battery / solar panel if needed. There are special sensors available if needed, i.e. for pets or for use outside. You still need to make friends with your neighbours and ask them to respond for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top