Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
International money transfers (Read 6223 times)
jools
Ex Member

International money transfers
Sep 21st, 2010 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Is anyone having money transferred regularly from the UK to Spain into a La Caixa account? Or have you transferred money to buy a property recently?

Our bank manager has again today confirmed that International transfers will take a week to clear, although one UK bank told us today that the money will be in Spain tomorrow.

Is this just another thing the Spanish red tape has invented, for us it's just a pain in the proverbial ar5e as a client has to delay buying his property for a week, when in reality he could sign tomorrow.

Jools Sad

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: International money transfers
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Give Tom Holian a call at currencies.co.uk (see the ad on the website) I transferred some money a couple of weeks ago and it only took about 3 or 4 days and they also do regular transfers. Tell him it came from the Tortosa Forum!

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel,
We actually use another company to do the same thing for our clients, it's not the actual transferring of the money to the Spanish bank account, it's La Caixa who is saying that it has to be in the account for 5 working days for security reasons before it can be drawn out!!!!!

If this is only La Caixa's doing, we will take clients to another bank, simple as that, we have no loyalty to them, so if anyone else is experiencing similar problems with banks please post it on here.

I think they just make up the rules as they go along.

Jools

IP Logged

adrienne

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Hi
We transfer money regularly through Moneycorp into LaCaixa and never had any problem. We do the transfer online and if it's done before 12 noon then the money is in our account the following day and we can draw on it straight away.
Adrienne

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
I use La Caixa and have had to wait for 24 hours after the money has reached Spain which in itself took 24 hours. La Caixa has so many other benefits that I am prepared to wait for the 48 hours and plan accordingly.
steve

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
you don't need to be brainy to see why you have to wait a while before you can take out the 1000s of pounds you have just moved from the uk to spain its called money laundering and if you are buying a property then a lot off money is involved

IP Logged

coldalba
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2011 at 9:31am
Print Post  
I have used an on line service called FTT Global a couple of times and they have been great. They are clear about rates and charges (none if over £3000). Even when I get things wrong a few emails and they have fixed them - they are human.  Money arrives in La Caixa in hours.
Not tried taking out iut of La Caixa straight away tho'

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Set up an account with WORLDFIRST in the UK check them out online. You will have several options. Saved us quite a bit with currency exchange . The banks in the UK will rip you off if you transfer direct from them !

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Nigel wrote on Sep 21st, 2010 at 9:44pm:
Give Tom Holian a call at currencies.co.uk (see the ad on the website) I transferred some money a couple of weeks ago and it only took about 3 or 4 days and they also do regular transfers. Tell him it came from the Tortosa Forum!

Tom Holian does our transfers and is good bloke (aren't all money men).

Nen,don't think it's money laundering,more like a few days more interest for the Spanish banks,which in turn finds it's way back to the government in taxes which will help to clear up the financial thingy up which in turn means we get even better roads.Everyones a winner !!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top