Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Agricultural cooperative (Read 16021 times)
sue100
Ex Member

Agricultural cooperative
Nov 1st, 2010 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Agricultural cooperative.

Can anyone tell me what it costs to join an agricultural cooperative?

And what (if any) are the benefits of doing this?

We have olives and carobs – at the moment just going to sell them for cash … has anyone the latest cash prices?

Sue

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Agricultural cooperative
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 11:00am
Print Post  
I think its about 400 euros a year but it varies from one agricole to another, but I think they apply for your grants so you may break even, and If they have a large almacen store you get discount on your chemicals fertilizer and goods

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
I think you'll also find there's an age limit when you can join, I was told 40, but thats Gandesa.
Terry.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
As most of the Catalan youngsters wouldn't even entertain working on the land for a pittance, I presume the the age limit starts at 40 and goes on till you die shaking an olive or two.LOL Grin Grin

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
HI. NO I believe that is the cut off age, but dont take my word for it, just a friend of ours who was in the local Co-op told us.
Terry.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 7:31am
Print Post  
That's ageism never get away with that in the UK you know!!

Has no one told the Gandesians Life Begins at Forty!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's ageism never get away with that in the UK you know!!

Has no one told the Gandesians Life Begins at Forty!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

oh no  Grin i pasted the age of 40 a longggggggggg time ago i am now waiting for my life to restart again as soon as i can sell one or two houses  Grin

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
We recently joined Sol d'Ebre.  They charge according to the size of your finca and number of trees in production.  They do not have an age limit for joining.  Why would they? After all we are the ones paying them money.

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Hi can any one tell me where sol d E,bre are located as i would interested in visiting them,Thanks.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
If you are coming from Camarles down the N340 turn right in L'Aldea towards Tortosa go down the dual carriage way into tortosa town at the roundabout after Carrefor and McDonalds turn left and go over the Millenium Bridge on the other side turn right on the C12 signposted Mora and Gandesa at the first roundabout turn Left and Sol D Ebre is facing you you can't miss it!!

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Does that mean its in where Lums,pots etc are ?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Yes its the same roundabout as Pots Pinturas, Cymo, and Yuka and LLums Gaudy Light Emporium

If you go round the warehouse at the rear they sell seedlings for potting on such as Tomatoes, courgettes, peppers sweetcorn and salad veg etc at reasonable prices and potting compost in large bags much cheaper than the supermarkets and garden centres.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks Hazelnut great  that I won't be driving around like a thick looking for it.,

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
So if you are over 40 you can't join the co-op at Gandesa? If thats the case how do us oldies who are still to move over full time expected to make a wage from our crops?

It seems ridiculous that we can't get rid of our crops. and I can't beleive it's the case everywhere. I'm near Gandesa but idon't want to travel all the way to Tortosa, where on earth can I go?

There must be loads of people in this position. I might as well just chop my trees down for firewood.

Sensible answers only please guys. This is not something I want to hear having just spent seven years paying for my land only to find I may not be able to sell my produce! Cry

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Hi John. I'm sorry to disillusion you but at 33 cents a kilo you'd do best to chop them down, at least you'll keep warm in the winter, olive wood burns great, unless of course you'v got thousands of trees.
Terry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top