Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Your house now requires a ITV (Read 6475 times)
sue100
Ex Member

Your house now requires a ITV
Dec 2nd, 2010 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
The Government has Approved a decree which requires review of the Housing more than 45 years and, in the event of detection of structural problems, make urgent reforms.

This kind of ITV will consist of a compulsory technical inspection that the owners will be required every ten years old subjected to a search for ITV which will cost 900 euros per building.

Sad

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Your house now requires a ITV
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
They Like their large sums for architects fees don't they!!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Do you still need a ITV if you haven't got a telly??????

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
will you quote your source please?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
The way that I understand it , is that this is for blocks of apartments- plurifamiliares- ie multi families in one building

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

sue100
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 9:02am
Print Post  

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Translated from Spanish!!

Near 16,000 houses of the demarcation they will have to pass the ITV These houses will review every ten years. Those that has structural problems they will have to make reforms of urgent form 2 COMMENTARY TO SHARE LAIA RIVEROLA | 23/11/2010 19:53 The Catalan Autonomous Government has approved a decree that forces to review the houses of more than 45 years and, in case of detecting structural problems, to make reforms urgent. This species of ITV will consist of an obligatory technical inspection that the proprietors will have to ask. The objective of this measurement is to avoid that the buildings are degraded. Also to avoid risk situations identifying and entering pathologies and indicating the necessity of activities. In the demarcation of Tarragona, a total of 15,816 houses will be forced to pass this revision. The Govern has established a calendar of inspection based on the antiquity of the floors. The previous ones to 1930 will have to present/display a report at the end of the 2012 and the constructed ones in the Sixties, at the end of the 2015. In the province there are 1,555 houses built between 1921 and 1940, and a total of 4,854 constructed between 1961 and 1970. By all this, a technician will inspect the constructive elements of the building and the facilities for the purposes of which the neighbor communities can establish a project of repairs and, if necessary, to reach the necessary conditions of aptitude. Urgent measures As a result of works derived from the inspection information the aid corresponding to the rehabilitation calls will be able to be asked for that annually summon the Departament de Medi Ambient i Habitatge. If the report that realises the technicians indicates that the reviewed house presents/displays deficiencies very you record will be necessary to adopt safety measures with immediate character. If the revision determines that there are serious deficiencies it will be necessary to adopt previous urgent measures of security to the execution of works. In case of slight problems, works of maintenance will take place to avoid the deterioration of the building. If there is risk for some of the inhabitants, the technician will have to communicate it immediately as much to the property as to the City council to make the necessary decisions. From the technical report, the administration will emit the Certificat d'Aptitud describing to the apt or nonapt building as. 112,105 buildings will have to be reviewed in Barcelona, 19,463 in Girona and 9,923 in Lleida. Altogether 157,307 houses will be inspected. Every ten years will be put under a ITV that will cost near 900 Euros by building.

So Now there is a very small window between 1970 and 1984 where you are lucky after 1984 you will not get a Cedulah and before 1970 you will have to fork out 900 euros for a survey , God this Country is well and truly Fxxked Up

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
This refers to flats not houses.  In this context 'pisos' are flats, not floors so unless any of you own old blocks of flats you can stop panicking  Smiley

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I like Alberts Comment on the situation!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This refers to flats not houses.  In this context 'pisos' are flats, not floors so unless any of you own old blocks of flats you can stop panicking  Smiley

What about a multi storey village house with 4 floors?

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Sorry Pondgirl spoke to an architect today and the legislation applies to any multi storey building over 40 years old including town houses as they are usually multi story and can be up to 4 storeys tall and attached to other buildings either side there have already been court orders with owners refusing entry into buildings inspectors!!

Its Mad Here!!

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Well if that is truly the case it will be unworkable.  In this little village alone I would say that 80% of the houses are over 50 years old and the majority are 3-4 storeys.  There just couldn't be enough inspectors to go around and most of the people I know probably couldn't afford the 900 euros.

I still suspect that it refers to flats or properties that are multifamilias.  The figures relating to the numer of properties involved certainly seem too few to include all town houses over 40 years old.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 8:24am
Print Post  
I sincerely hope you are right and I am misinformed, but with the current record of loony legislation I have my Doubts!

But having seen a couple of the old village houses being renovated locally, and seen rotten and termite infested wooden beams being taken out that have been supporting 3 more floors I can see where the government legislation is coming from!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top