Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Apples and Pears (Read 4010 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Apples and Pears
Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
No, not stairs  Wink  Does anyone know what varieties of apple and pear trees are available round here.  Ideally I'd like an eater similar to a Cox's Orange Pippin, a cooker like a Bramley and a pear like a Conference.  Not over bothered if these exact varieties aren't available but something similar would be good.  Don't like the Golden Delicious type eaters.
Thanks.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Apples and Pears
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
We bought simple Manzana trees plus a Fuji both red from the garden centre on the N340 and they  have cropped well in their 4th year

But not enough to make cider yet

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the tip on the Fuji Stuart.  I looked them up and they look like a goer.  Any thoughts on cookers. ?  Also found out that Conference pears are available.  Are you still after a lime ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Hi Bigyin

Sorry no longer looking for fruit trees we are selling everything we can and not investing in anything further here!!

IP Logged

Dusty
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 10:55am
Print Post  
We bought a Bramley apple tree from a nursery in France (yes, it was posted to us!) and so far it is doing well (3 years later). We had our first real crop of cookers last year and are about to enjoy the last ones this week! If interested I can let you know the name of the nursery. They cost 35€. I donīt know of a spanish equivalent but would be interested to hear about any.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top