Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Newbie with some dumb questions! (Read 17172 times)
Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Newbie with some dumb questions!
Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
You're now dealing with blinkered,rural Spanish politics,a totally different can of worms.(Over to you,Stu)

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Dear Sleeper,
I dont want to sound rude, but your last sentence about being naive etc, is absolutely right.

Please listen to the many people on here who have been there, done that, and worn many of the T.shirts.

The bottom line is Catalunya doesn't want you here, the Government are making all of these rules and regulations to make it virtually impossible to live and build legally on rustic land.

They dont care about 'growing' the villages, most of them have had enough of undesirable types in most areas, who obviously spoil it for everybody else.

Buy this almacen, as I'm sure that is what it is, at your own peril!!!!!  You certainly cant say that enough people on here haven't warned you.
Jools

IP Logged

northlea
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
The bottom line here is this.
do not buy in Catalunya!!!!
As Jools says,listen to us who are pretty much stuck here.
Were not wanted.were not liked by any official office,they only want money.

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Also forgot to mention if you buy an illegal build (Almacen with a kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms) and the Government department are made aware of your property (dont upset your Spanish neighbour or he will report you) Do you think the Government will prosecute your local Mayor who turned a blind eye to the build NO. Do you think they will prosecute the builder NO. Do you think they will prosecute the Agent who told you all was ok NO. Do you think they will prosecute the Notary who did the paperwork and conveniently left the room while the black money was handed over NO. BUT THEY WILL PROSECUTE YOU.  Should you fight it NO - if you do you will just be throwing away more money as you will not win, they will not listen to anything you say - you have an illegal build and therefore have broken the law - you will have a fine which could be up to 100,000 euros. My advice go to France.

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Ok ok, I think I am beginning to get the picture. Smiley Thanks to all who have responded, it really is appreciated, without you taking the time and trouble to reply I would in all probability have bought it.

Just to clarify, what does happen when the licence is revoked? Just out of curiosity is it a fine and if so how much or is it demolished or what happens?

The reason that I am still persevering with questions is that I really do like the area and would like to live there but obviously without a cloud hanging over the property.

And finally for now, are village properties having the same problems or are they 'Safe'?

Thanks again.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
There is a property in the Tortosa area with a current demolishon order in force,where the Adjuntament have been able to remove a large sum of money from the owners bank,which will be held until the owner does demolish the property, in a set time.
What a nice friendly place Cataloonya is !

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
[quote author=525540445C5D58340 link=1295365919/20#20 date=1295523928]There is a property in the Tortosa area with a current demolishon order in force,where the Adjuntament have been able to remove a large sum of money from the owners bank,which will be held until the owner does demolish the property, in a set time.
What a nice friendly place Cataloonya is ![/quote]

Yes it does appear so, thanks.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Play it safe and try to find somewhere in Aragon !!

Where at least they do seem to want to encourage people into the area, and do want tourism!!

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #23 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Sleeper - just for a bit of "balance" on this topic I can say that there are many of us here that have no regrets - so far !). We turned up eleven years ago, spent very little money for a large finca, only used the Notary and, apart from a minor run in over permission for a new roof, have been very happy with our purchase. That said, we have tried to make friends of our neigbours, not built huge extensions and kept ourselves to ourselves.

Things have been tightened in the last few years, laws have been changed or new ones introduced that have affected people trying to make a few bucks to get by and all but stopped any "legal" building in the campo.

Ginestar does have a particular problem relating to permissions "granted" in the past so IF you are still looking make sure that any property comes with a valid cedula, same applies for village houses regardless of location.

Should you buy then don't make the mistake of many Brits by simply building / altering without full permission ( which is very hard to come by ) regardless of who may have told you to just do what you want. It is many of these people who are now unfortunately coming unstuck and stand to lose everything.

Do take the advice and get a good lawyer !

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #24 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Hi sleeper.  I agree with the above.  It's very easy to fall into the trap of buying something which is not legal to live in.  However, there are legal properties available even if they may be a small percentage of what's advertised.  If I were you, keen on coming to live here but (quite rightly) somewhat alarmed by the comments on here (and they're justified in the main) then I would talk to Ton Battel before you go looking and get him to arm you with the catches to look out for.
I have to say that I've always found the Catalan people friendly, helpful and generous especially if you make the effort to learn Catalan or even Spanish.  Don't be put off, just be very very careful.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

PaulH

the hills are alive

Reply #25 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Bringing further balance,we too are very happy & settled after 5 years living here having bought 9 years ago. We've made good friends, neighbours are great (except the English ones) and the house is all "legal" thanks to our knowledgeable Catalan contacts. That said, we would prefer to be in Galicia where there are fantastic bargains, fertile soil & water in abundance.
Paul

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Totally confused How did Galicia come into the equation?

I think a lot of people came here for a better life in the sun, but in all due respect everyone that bought here in the last 26 years should have had a Cedula provided with the property they bought at the Notarios along with the Esquitura as long as it said Vivienda.

To retrospectively introduce legislation is crass, stupid and more than likely illegal in EU Law but since when has Spain or Catalunya abided with any rules from Brussels.

They are not likely to start Now!!

Since Spain joined the EU they have had massive grants from the EU to provide everyone with basic amenities such as water and electricity, but they have spent all the grants improving Roads, Now they cannot provide water and electricity to people  living in the Campo they have changed the rules, to make it impossible to get a Cedula so you can't live in the countryside and therefore they don't have to provide water and electricity Simples

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Isn't Galician dialect harder to learn than Catalan? The winters are harsher. Also Galicia relies on handouts from Catalonian taxes collected. The cows still live below the houses -hot air rises.

Anyway Sleeper I sent you a PM last night

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Isn't Galician dialect harder to learn than Catalan? The winters are harsher. Also Galicia relies on handouts from Catalonian taxes collected. The cows still live below the houses -hot air rises.

Anyway Sleeper I sent you a PM last night

Yes thank you Ebrovoice, very informative it was. Will reply shortly, although it won't be as many words Smiley

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #29 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:47am
Print Post  
With regard to the person who says CADUCITAT DE LA LLICENCIA means revoked, this is not correct.When a person was given a licence to build they are usually given 2 or 3 years to complete the project. After that time the licence finishes that is what Caducitat means . When a project is completed the person should go to the engineer who first did the project for a certificate to say the building has been built to the correct spec. This certificate then goes to the town hall to be registered, untill this is done the town hall has nothing to say the building has been completed and it will, not be registeres in the town hall.Its best not to translate things unless the correct meaning is known.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top