Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Newbie with some dumb questions! (Read 17164 times)
furbydoggie
Ex Member

Re: Newbie with some dumb questions!
Reply #30 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Again to add balance, there is no reason not to follow your dream of living in Catalunya - provided you find a legal dewlling and do your research.  Many people have purchased legal dewllings and have not experienced any problems.

Just a point - when many unsuspecting buyers purchased property in the area, they didn't necessarily do anything wrong, the problem seems to be the subsequent introduction of legislation which was made retrospective (unfairly I believe).  To those (who may or may not have vested interest) promoting other areas in spain I ask this simple question:  What's to say other areas eg. Aragon won't introduce legislation next week, year or in 10 years time and make it retrospective like the catalans did?  You cant say just because you've got a licence or whatever that you're 100% safe.  Things change!  It's in the lap of the gods my friends for all of us - and it doesn't just apply to catalunya, spain, but everywhere.  Of course on balance, some properties are a no-no from the outset. 

OP, whatever decision you come to - make sure you spend your hard earned cash wisely and take on bord all the advice you are being offered.  If you've  your heart set on the Ginestar area, good for you!... but make sure and find a legal dwelling.

Some people have had problems but perhaps it should be noted that the silent majority haven't so far and are happy with their purchases.

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Again to add balance, there is no reason not to follow your dream of living in Catalunya - provided you find a legal dewlling and do your research.  Many people have purchased legal dewllings and have not experienced any problems.

Just a point - when many unsuspecting buyers purchased property in the area, they didn't necessarily do anything wrong, the problem seems to be the subsequent introduction of legislation which was made retrospective (unfairly I believe).  To those (who may or may not have vested interest) promoting other areas in spain I ask this simple question:  What's to say other areas eg. Aragon won't introduce legislation next week, year or in 10 years time and make it retrospective like the catalans did?  You cant say just because you've got a licence or whatever that you're 100% safe.  Things change!  It's in the lap of the gods my friends for all of us - and it doesn't just apply to catalunya, spain, but everywhere.  Of course on balance, some properties are a no-no from the outset. 

OP, whatever decision you come to - make sure you spend your hard earned cash wisely and take on bord all the advice you are being offered.  If you've  your heart set on the Ginestar area, good for you!... but make sure and find a legal dwelling.

Some people have had problems but perhaps it should be noted that the silent majority haven't so far and are happy with their purchases.

So in your opinion would you consider the following as a NO-NO?

This property does not have a cedula it has a legal license for almacen but from the old laws the same as the other properties in the surrounding area  which were built with the same licenses as this.

Thanks

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #32 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Almacen = shed. It is a shed on a piece of land intended to be used for storing tools etc. nothing more.  It would only have a Cedula if it was an inhabitable building, sheds aren't classed as habitable buildings. If it is being used/sold as a habitable building then run a mile.

Nigel

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Dear Sleeper,

Opinions are like ar5e holes, everybody has one!

It really doesn't matter what any of us think, get a Lawyer to check out the property then you haven't lost anything, it's seems that you want to buy the property anyway, so continuing to churn it up on here wont change anything.

Jools

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dear Sleeper,

Opinions are like ar5e holes, everybody has one!

It really doesn't matter what any of us think, get a Lawyer to check out the property then you haven't lost anything, it's seems that you want to buy the property anyway, so continuing to churn it up on here wont change anything.

Jools

Hi Jools

Yes I would like to buy the property BUT having listened and taken on board all the advice given on here there is no way I would buy it without getting good legal advice.

Sorry if you think I am churning it up, but after the initial answers there seems to be others who have  different opinions, although to be fair everyone has said 'be careful', which I fully intend to do.

Thanks

IP Logged

lazydaze
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
In response to Cariad reply.  I agree that if a building is not completed in the alloted 3 years and registered with the Ajuntament then they can cancel the licence.  BUT how many buildings have been built in Ginestar and the Ajuntament have not inspected them, therefore they are not registered but they have not cancelled those licences. The majority were built without Architect Projects (50sq.m or less) therefore they did not need an independant architect - has the Ajuntament architect inspected these properties as they are all illegal buildings - they have all been built with Almacen licences.  The licences cancelled are either properties selected at random by Government officials higher up the chain, or unfinished projects some of which have demolition orders on them. The Ajuntament know that some of the licences that they cancelled were completed buildings.  They were happy to take - and continue to take - taxes from the owners.   They only started to cancel licences once higher up Government officials came on the scene.The Ajuntament web site makes good reading as they post the minutes of their meetings. The silent majority have no problem now but what for the future - may they also be selected at random at a later date!!!

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Have you seen that New Book Cataloonia for Dummies!!
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2011 at 1:10pm by »  

Cataloonia-for-dummies.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Can you buy it Retrospectively?   Wink

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Hi Sleeper,
just like to add my pennys worth, We bought a place 5 years ago in Tortosa, slowly doing the place up as money dictates, and hope to move out later this year. Just be carefull and get all the advice you can, and be positive, it's still a good place to live.
Read a book by Martin Kirby, " No going back- journey to Mothers Garden" and his follow -up " Shaking the tree ". Here is a man who tells it like it is, Hogs , warts and all, he has been here 10 years, living in catalunia, with his family. l recommend the book to everyone, a god read. Good luck hope to see you sometime. Smiley

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Hi Sleeper
We bought our place 7 years ago which we use as a holiday bolthole and love it and the area.  Our Catalan neighbours are very friendly even though we communicate is very broken Spanish.  We bought totally in white money and as everybody else says just get good legal advise.  We do have electricity and have access to a well, personally I would only buy a place with electricity and water especially if you wish to use it as a holiday home as you don't want to turn up and try to sort out power and water as soon as you get there.  If the place you were first interested in doesn't have a cedula just keep looking and looking, you will know when it is right, good luck and ENJOY it!!
Debbie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top