Supposed to opening tomorrow or Friday.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Re: Carrefour Amposta
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Not with part of the roof blown off it won't!!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Hmmm........  I didn't know about that.  I was going by what my "man on the ground" (the guy who sits outside Lidl begging) told me, what was announced on the web and the fact they'd taken the big banner down.
That was some wind.  Luckily I didn't suffer any damage apart from one bent olive tree, a pile if machetons blown over and my wheelbarrow hurled about 40m into the distance.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
we spent ages trying to find the new carrefour on Monday as it was advertised all over Tortosa as open, only to find a unfinished building ?
Re- wind this is the 1st time I have had a day up at the finca with wind like that was it the minstrel.Tram?? all I know is I had 5 20 liter water container holding a tarp over roof and it was lifting all 5 up !!!!  also all but 1 of the wind turbines above Tortosa were shut down and it has made me think again about my home made wind turbines they would be blown to bits even with Furling mechs ,so without being around would have to be dropped in condition like that, how many days do you get this sort of wind a year ?
Also not been back to Spain since last summer and was shocked at how much the Government has slapped on Rolling Tobacco £3.00+extra a packet and I thought things were bad here in the UK ? sorry for posting a smoking thought to all you anti smokers out there.
All said boy was it bloody marvellous up there last weekend so quiet and peaceful just what I needed  still love it ! just hope my job as a NHS shift Engineer lasts so I can keep on comming over but with the Torrie's tactics ? Huh

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil. The wind reached a maximum of 92 mph at my place up on Bitem mountain, I have an anemometer (Wind gauge), but I am n a very exposed ridge. It quite regularly goes over 70 mph up here, (lovely in summer).
If your house is in an exposed position then you have to get used to battening the hatches every now and then. I have 2 wind turbines a 500 watt and a 200 watt, both were going a bit crazy, furling continually.
A couple of years ago the 500watt turbine lost its blades in winds of 120 mph, now replaced with an 8 blade carbon fibre set with a steel hub. Much better and silent Smiley
I have no idea about tobacco prices, but if I did smoke I would possibly think about growing my own, does use a fair bit of water though

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Very true,things get very exposed up on Brokeback Mountain

2 - 0

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
nobby you live so low down in your little valley, that you are beneath my contempt .  Grin

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Huw
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I'd love to say you get used to the wind... well, let's say that when it is windy I now actually sleep through it.  Get used to it though is something else.  My house is now fairly wind-proof. 
In reality this means that everything that can be blown away has been blown away.  What's left is either too resistent or destined, due to sod's law, to never be blown off my land.

I was seriously thinking about a wind turbine here, the silence thing is what makes me hesitate.  Can they really be silent?
Maybe I will start another thread.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
The 'everything has already blown away' seems like a good theory but I've had to spend the last few days recovering the situation from various things that had withstood many a storm previous to the other day.  The car has a nice dent in it so is in for repair!  Any chance of the forum flagging up in advance an impending storm Nigel?
Mike
(PS  I know its not about Carrefour)

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
You could always try clicking on the weather forcast at the top of the page  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Been to Amposta this morning and had a look at the new shops, also the Carrefour store.
People busy cleaning, and a guard on the door.
They said that the new store will open TOMORROW morning.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
We went there yesterday for the first time.  Carrefour is now open and of course, being new and a Saturday it was manic.  Nice store though.  Not as big as Tarragona but seems to have more stock than Tortosa.  All in all quite a nice little shopping centre  Smiley

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Are they open Sundays? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Where in Amposta is it ?

susanita wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 11:27am:
We went there yesterday for the first time.  Carrefour is now open and of course, being new and a Saturday it was manic.  Nice store though.  Not as big as Tarragona but seems to have more stock than Tortosa.  All in all quite a nice little shopping centre  Smiley

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I know where it is Stu but I'm struggling with your directions.  Which road are you taking from Tortosa to Amposta ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top