Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Exterior paint ? (Read 8781 times)
geandi
Ex Member

Exterior paint ?
Mar 29th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know somewhere I can buy exterior blanco plastica ( emulsion ? ) paint without taking out a second mortgage .The cheapest I've found is 28 euros for 15 liters and not sure of the quality of that ?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: Exterior paint ?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Last week at Carrefour in Tarragona (the one near Bauhaus) had a special offer on 15 liters for 6 Euros.

I couldn't believe my eyes, dont know about the quality but maybe it's worth mixing with a better brand to make it go further.

Just on the left hand side after all the books.
Jools

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Try a few supermarkets as prices vary,the ones on the Delta are the cheapest we've found but can't remember the prices although 1 of them is bound to have a cheap deal and also,havin painted the house with 3 coats inside and out,quality seems to be much of a muchness among the supermarket brands,just make sure you get the "exterior" type,
           Briand

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
You generally get what you pay for and cheap paint is false economy.It's a waste of money.
I would recommend Tkrom, it's expensive but it goes a long long way,about €40 for 15 ltrs of int/ext.
From Pots in Tortosa.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You generally get what you pay for and cheap paint is false economy.It's a waste of money.
I would recommend Tkrom, it's expensive but it goes a long long way,about €40 for 15 ltrs of int/ext.
From Pots in Tortosa.

I would second that. Tkrom is probably the best and covers in one coat with a brush or a roller.
We acted amazed at the price in Pots and they gave us a free bottle of their own label wine.
The wine was perfect for cleaning the roller and brushes as it was totally undrinkable Sad

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Just painted a bedroom with 1 coat of Tkrom and what a difference, 37e for 15ltrs in Pots but worth every cent. Smiley

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Small paint shop on the other side of the main road opposite the back of Pots is worth a look.  Big tins of a brand with G14 on the can.  Big colour chart behind the tins.  Good price and goes on and stays on well.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
I've had my house interior painted twice. Once by the builders when the renovation was finished, so I suppose it was the cheapest white matt paint which showed dirt and fingermarks immediately which wouldn't wash off.

So the second time I bought what I thought was the better quality stuff from Bauhaus, and it said vinyl on the tubs, cost me a fortune, and now it's showing grease and general dirt and still nothing washes off of it.

Does anyone know what the equivalent of the good old UK vinyl silk emulsion is, that washes down so easily.................or let me guess they don't have it here!!!!!

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Having just used the last of the (Sandtex) exterior paint I brought over from UK I find it better than anything the same price bought here - which is why I brought it over.  I guess UK weather-proof paint is formulated to take more stick than Spanish stuff.  I first applied some about 3 years ago to a well exposed wall etc. and it still looks good.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Got to agree with Michael, we did our place inside and out with paint bought on offers in D.I.Y.sheds in the U.K., two for one or buy two get one free. Always different offers on and the quality is far better than the local stuff. You can also try Amazon they will deliver but I have no idea what the charges are but they do favour the larger order. Get together with friends and order in one hit. Wink  Just heard Screwfix now deliver EU wide well worth a look.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2013 at 10:57am by DenGeo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top