Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Gas man (Read 8572 times)
Tony
Ex Member

Re: Gas man
Reply #15 - May 7th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Knowing your situation Rosie I wish I could help but the truth is there are no tricks or ways to arrange for delivery as far as I know.  We just happen to live at the side of a main road and when the Repsol truck comes up to supply the village I stick my canisters out at the side of the road and he stops and changes them.

So, if the Repsol office is closed, how does one renew the contract when it is due ?  Must try and use my Spanish more and ask the lorry driver, if I can get myself understood.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #16 - May 7th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Rosie,
Maybe it would be easier now for you to go to the village, on the day, when the gas delivery man is in Jesus, delivering to the village houses there.
You could probably meet him by the Adjuntament or Hospital?

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #17 - May 7th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I couldn't persuade the gas man in Jesus to deliver to my place (1km from the centre of Jesus) as he considered it to be too far into the 'campo'.  Another contender for 'Catalan customer satisfaction obsessed businessman of the year award' me thinks!  (Perhaps we could list more contenders for this prestigious award in a separate thread.)  (Then again it seems a shame to use up so much cyber-space.)

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 7th, 2011 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Michael wrote on May 7th, 2011 at 8:06pm:
I couldn't persuade the gas man in Jesus to deliver to my place (1km from the centre of Jesus) as he considered it to be too far into the 'campo'.  Another contender for 'Catalan customer satisfaction obsessed businessman of the year award' me thinks!  (Perhaps we could list more contenders for this prestigious award in a separate thread.)  (Then again it seems a shame to use up so much cyber-space.)

Quite agree.....we could have one post for ' Utter Jobsworth/Tw&t ' and one for ' All round general Good Egg ' with the latter obviously not intended for any advertising purposes whatsoever.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 8th, 2011 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Thanks Rita will seek him out. Thanks for the advice. But I have seen him coming down Terrer Roig past our streets.

Is Amposta the nearest Repsol office_
I know when they inspected our gas in 2005 they gave us te choice as to whether we wanted home deliveries. Damn, wish I had chosen it way back then.

Rosie Huh

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #20 - May 8th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Wonder if the gas man travels up Terre Roig, on his way to Alfara?
Maybe we could find out what day and time of the week?
Heard today that the bottles do cost 15 euros, now.

IP Logged

hazelnut
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 8th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
What happened to gas subsidies? Buy em off Tony!!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #22 - May 8th, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
If you ever read a local or national paper then you would have heard several weeks ago that all national subsidies were being stopped, and so would have made sure that all your bottles were full.
Never mind its dearer in good old england  Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 14th, 2011 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 11:38pm:
If you ever read a local or national paper then you would have heard several weeks ago that all national subsidies were being stopped, and so would have made sure that all your bottles were full.
Never mind its dearer in good old england  Smiley

I bought a 6kg bottle of gas in the UK 2 weeks ago for my motorhome. it cost £17 (19.50 Euros). the bigger bottles work out a bit cheaper per kg of gas but they won't fit into the gas locker  Sad

There is a Repsol agent in Gandesa where we collect our bottles from. Last time we got one it was about 13.5 Euros but that was some time ago. We only run a gas light and two ring cooker off it. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top