Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
anyone lost a car ? (Read 4684 times)
nen
Ex Member

anyone lost a car ?
Jun 8th, 2011 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
we have had a car dumped in the land by us cant tell you the make as the grass is to long ITS REG IS T629 FCW beige in colour the car was left with the front windows open .anyone know who  as lost a car ?or if it hasnt been stolen would the owner come and remove it before we tell the police

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Re: anyone lost a car ?
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Nen, I have heard of this happening elsewhere. If I were you I would report it to the Police or the Agents Rural asap as it could be a fire risk ( petrol ) plus you don't want them pointing the finger at you just because you are British.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
You could always call a scrap merchant who might pay you the scrap value - think of it as a 'parking fee'.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
yes we could nigel  Grin but its on land next door and we now have the owners name on the documents left in the car we will report it in the village tomorrow

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
I've just done an insurance check. This vehicle is NOT insured! Shocked

i just typed the reg no. into the online database the police use to check if a vehicle is insured or not at;
http://www.askmid.com/ I used the check your own vehicle facility.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've just done an insurance check. This vehicle is NOT insured! Shocked

i just typed the reg no. into the online database the police use to check if a vehicle is insured or not at;
http://www.askmid.com/ I used the check your own vehicle facility.

thank you for the information john .we buy new spanish plated cars evey 4 yrs before the itv is due to be carried out and use a spanish insurance company so we dont need to check to see if our car is insured the one thats been dumped probably hasnt been legal for a long time (at least since july 2007 thats the date on the VT20 paper ) looks like the owner as dumped it so we will have to report it so it can be removed . thank you all for your help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top