Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 Arens de Lledó (Read 26333 times)
crompton
Ex Member

Arens de Lledó
Jun 14th, 2011 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Hi, my first post!
I have seen some places that look interesting to me around Arens de Lledó, but several of the Estate Agents haven't replied yet as elsewhere in Spain! I guess many have moved on but still have there sites running and adverts on other servers.
It seems that land around there is less than 1000 euros an acre with olives etc on it and ruins, is this correct? Is it a good/bad area in general and what is it like for planning permission and legality of buildings?

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Re: Arens de Lledó
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I believe this is Aaragon province just over the border from Catalunya, near Horta De Sant Joan? Maybe you should contact Julie, a regular on this site. She knows this area and may be able to help
What are you looking for? This is fairly 'cut-off', rugged, beautiful and a long way from the Costas, not for the fainthearted!!!

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I would strongly recommend coming out in January and February, before committing to anything, If the land is cheap its for a reason. It all depends on what your plans are.
It can be very cut off and cold and wet up there in the winter.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
I have sent you a Personal Message

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
And don,t forget the snow in winter and the mickey mouse roads up there ,but saying that its fantastic scenery,  very close to the Pyrenees " Pic d Estats" highest peak in Catalonia, Andora, French border,  santander is closer for the ferry from UK ,in all I say go for it Smiley

IP Logged

crompton
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Unfortunately I can't reply to personal messages until I have ten posts.
Well I am looking for somewhere green and not expensive, and the Costas do not appeal, well not the mish-mash of concrete buildings anyway. And Barcelona is not too far away. Are the roads not ashfelted up there? I read it averages 7 degrees in winter. Also I want to be not too far from a major international airport, not an airport that just serves tourist areas. So any advice would be welcome.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Ask these people - they live there...
http://estrellalayka.webs.com/

Plenty of photos to show you what it is like. It's in Dutch but use google translate. It does a VERY good job for the Dutch language (or use google chrome - turn translate options on) and if you contact them, they speak English.

They also have a caravan to rent so it could be a good base. They do act as unofficial estate agents  ... BE CAREFUL on this one. Read some more of this forum before committing and take legal advice for your own sake. Nevertheless, it's in the area you want.

John.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Anyone thinking about buying "rural"at the moment would have to be a lunatic . Just making an enquiry will have the sharks circling for the kill . I bet you are already being groomed . Be very very very careful .

IP Logged

crompton
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Please explain, why would rural be worse than urban?
I am certainly not being groomed as yet, too few agents even bother to reply to requests for information on properties.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I think what the last reply was trying to say. If the estate agents don't strip you to the bone then the next parasite the lawyer will try and finish the job but don't worry if they don't the local authority will certainly finish the job. You'll soon find that the robbers/rouges, of which there are many will seem like armatures to you. So do take care.

IP Logged

crompton
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
So how do you avoid these pitfalls, find a property at a realistic price and avoid being ripped of by all these people?

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Please explain, why would rural be worse than urban?
I am certainly not being groomed as yet, too few agents even bother to reply to requests for information on properties.

Those agents you talk of probably dont exist anymore.
The only advice worth taking is only go on good solid referals right down the chain,do your home work,do it again,and then watch out.....

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Hi. I think the best advice is to hear what the agents say, but check out what they tell you at the local adjuntaments office.
They will tell you exactly what you can and cannot do on any piece of land providing you give them the polygon and parcela number.
They are the only people who will give you the truth.. Also use a solicitor, agents will tell you, you don't need one, but I think most people here would say, you might live to regret it if you don't.
I'm living here and loving it, so good luck with your search Smiley

IP Logged

crompton
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I wouldn,t buy a house in the UK without a solicitor, so it would seem foolishness to go it alone abroad. Do you make a living from cherries?

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
No. just pin money. When we bought 6 yrs ago, we had 1600 trees, so a very big concern, but had to leave it to British 'friends' having all the fruit to sell,  in return for looking after the trees for a whole year, before we could move out.  They looked after the trees by starving them of water and cutting them down in the autumn to sell the wood, for fuel...  (easier work than picking cherries and more money. After he had cut down and sold 1000 trees, he went back to the uk Angry. So now we just pick what we can, and enjoy the money it brings in. We still look on the bright side, enjoy living here, and have many really really good friends.
Always look on the bright side of life  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top