Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
spraying weeds (Read 3977 times)
jt42
Ex Member

spraying weeds
Jun 21st, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Hi everyone just bought some weed killer from co-op guy wrote on can for me 200cc of weed killer to 16ltrs of water ie 1 back pack spayer of water to 200cc of weed killer, i have lost my measure for the sprayer so my question is 200cc the same as 200ml if so does this sound about right for 1 sprayer load, also does anyone know what is best for killing ivy i seem to overun with it this year, thanks jt

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: spraying weeds
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
200cc is the same as 200ml. Years ago I bought some and the mix was 180ml to 16 litres water. but I never used it so cant say if its the right mix.
For ivy I used to cut off right at the base/ bases, remove as much as possible and then weed killer on what is left. Then spray every week until dead, (thats the ivy is dead, not you.)

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Thank you Jack.

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:02am
Print Post  
What is the name of the weed killer that was recommende to you and which co-op do you advise,please

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Hi Rosie we bought a 5 ltr can of herbivor from the camarles co-op but they will only sell it to you if you are a member of the co-op as they asked for our membership no,
  Regards

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Damm (down by the river in Amposta) has Glyphosate or Glyfosato in Spanish (that's the generic name and there are lots of brands) at 18E/5 litres at the moment which is the cheapest I've seen it in five years,  It's the same as Roundup but a lot cheaper. 200ml/cc per 16 litres is about right but if you haven't done it before I'd suggest it's heavy to lug around.  I find that 10L at a time is manageable so use 120ml/cc in 10 litres of water and add a small dash of washing up liquid (helps to wet the leaves).

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Yes, but do you have animals roaming around the property ?  If so, you need the new Roundup Energy which harmless.  Available from Sol d'ebre but it is expensive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top