Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tools (Read 3150 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

Tools
Jul 22nd, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Has anyone heard of a place in Amposta, that sells tools for tree cutting as an old Spanish man was trying to tell me the name of it but I could not understand him. Also does anyone know where they sell log splitters and what sort of price they are?
Many Thanks.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: Tools
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Which bit of the tree do you want to cut ?  Twigs, branches, trunk ?  If you're talking firewood you'll want a chainsaw for the logs.  Log splitters (electric or petrol) are expensive for the amounts you're likely to want to split.  Best to cut your log rounds when the wood is green and then split if necessary with a maul when dry.  Probably the best place for chainsaws (I stand to be corrected) is the Husqvana dealer in Tortosa.  They sell Oleo Mac as well.  You'll get good backup there.  Mauls can be bought in most Ferriterias.
P.S.  If you can afford it, get a Stihl chainsaw.  Main dealer is Primitivo Conesa in Jesus.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Tools
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
I agree buy Sthil a -026,024,these are old models so might not be still available but are still widely used, if you can, as you can get all the spares for them,and are fairly easy to fix, with only one Torx tool bit Grin.
I would look on ebay though as all tools "is it just tools these days" are really expensive in the Euro zone,saying all this, it,s all down to how much you are going to use the chainsaw ?as the cost of a replacement Sthil piston and rings would be the same as a  cheepo petrol from Carrefour.
It has taken me years to collect my tools ,but apart from drills which if you are going to run to distruction ie using for mixing plaster etc even the best will die...would go with best you can afford cos the cheppos are built not to last.
all the best
Phil

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top