Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
taking almonds/olives etc. (Read 4788 times)
almendra
Ex Member

taking almonds/olives etc.
Aug 18th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Can I just point out that taking almonds and olives from other peoples land is basically stealing, even if the land appears to be unused. I spoke to a farmer recently who was hopping mad  because to quote 'an English man had been stealing almonds from his land without his permission' He said he had told the man in question that he should seek his permission first and pay him something if he wants to take them.
I'm just mentioning this incase anyone out there has had a problem with people taking their almonds or olives. The farmer told me that the agents rural are keeping an eye out for this practice and will ask people they suspect to provide evidence of ownership of land or permission from the landowner before they take any produce, including firewood, from land. They will prosecute if permission has not been sought as it is becoming such a problem.
If you have experienced thefts of this nature you can report it to the agents rurales.

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Re: taking almonds/olives etc.
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
PS. he said the man in question was missing some teeth, so maybe he has already been tackled!!! ( plus he won't be eating those almonds himself)

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Another reason to put fences round your land, to stop people and dogs coming onto it!

IP Logged

Ebrovoice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 11:30am
Print Post  
In Spain it is a compliment to take one orange and try it! To take two is theft.
Why does our society have no respect for other people's property and possessions?
As any olive grower or almond picker will tell you, they earn such a paltry sum off their crop. But it is their crop and they use the crops to their fullest potential.

Hands off! Angry

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
what about mushroom pickers and hunters...?

IP Logged

mickdee
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
-And those cutting St Johns Wort in these times of depression

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top