Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 where can i buy self raising flour (Read 9239 times)
chrisandpen
Ex Member

where can i buy self raising flour
Sep 11th, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
I have been trying to get self raising flour can anyone help please, i have been using Little Britain but after leaving 3 messages on their answerphone plus 2 e-mails & 1 order i still have heard nothing from them, i don't know where else to go any help will be appreaciated

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: where can i buy self raising flour
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Why not just use plain flower and add baking powder (it's called Levadura here)?
It comes in small sachets and one of the most popular seems to be 'Royal' in red boxes, available in any supermarket.  I've been using this 'mix' for years with no difference in results.

Nigel

IP Logged

Herbert
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Websters English food shop in Alcossebre.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I bought self-raising flour at the Simply Supermarket in Tortosa.

IP Logged

adrienne

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Hi. You can get Harina con levadura in Carrefour, which is self raising flour. The bag has a picture of a cake on the front. Hope this helps

IP Logged

Julie
Ex Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Pen, I've always used plain and added my own baking powder. It's worked ok so far. Julie X Smiley

IP Logged

chrisandpen
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks everyone, i'm of shopping tomorrow, at last i can do some more cooking & freezing with all this fresh fruit

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Can you please tell me where Websters is from Tortosa and do they sell a lot of English food?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Bulldog wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm:
Quote:

Can you please tell me where Websters is from Tortosa and do they sell a lot of English food?

Alcossebre is about 90km from Tortosa, below Peniscola towards Castellon, or a 180km round trip.  You'd have to be a bit desperate (or wealthy) to make a special trip that would cost you €20 in fuel alone!

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, him indoors says he's desperate for his sweet and sour sauce but not that desperate or wealthy. Guess we are just back to bread and water again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
HI Bulldog, if you want sweet and sour sauce, Hyper Simply sell it, Spanish not English (agridulce), we use it its very nice, its near all the sauces.
Terry.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Bulldog wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:18pm:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, him indoors says he's desperate for his sweet and sour sauce but not that desperate or wealthy. Guess we are just back to bread and water again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries.  The Carrefour in Amposta has quite a selection of British products, including chilled pies and pasties if they are your thing.

IP Logged

almendra
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
You could try making your own sweet and sour sauce, it's quite easy! Finely slice some onion, garlic and carrots.Fry in olive oil until soft. Put in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Heat to simmering point. Add a good splash of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Add chinese '5 spice' to taste and simmer until slighty thickened. OK, you will probably tell me you can't get hold of chinese 5 spice. Maybe there is a chinese supermarket in Tortosa? Anyway, it is possible and cheaper to make your own if you use it regularly, so maybe worth a try!

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
HI Bulldog, if you want sweet and sour sauce, Hyper Simply sell it, Spanish not English (agridulce), we use it its very nice, its near all the sauces.
Terry.

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the info, next time out shopping we will try some. Him indoors was really excited with your news to the point where he has stopped pulling the wings and legs off the flies and sticking on to spiders shouting how does it feel for you. Sad really but its his age, hopefully the new tablets should start to work soon.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You could try making your own sweet and sour sauce, it's quite easy! Finely slice some onion, garlic and carrots.Fry in olive oil until soft. Put in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Heat to simmering point. Add a good splash of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Add chinese '5 spice' to taste and simmer until slighty thickened. OK, you will probably tell me you can't get hold of chinese 5 spice. Maybe there is a chinese supermarket in Tortosa? Anyway, it is possible and cheaper to make your own if you use it regularly, so maybe worth a try!

Hi,
Thanks for recipe but his cooking abilities are sorely tested removing the tops off jars and cans and even this can fetch four letter words and I don't mean sour.
From ready made other half.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top