Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
chain saw (Read 4041 times)
robo
Ex Member

chain saw
Nov 30th, 2011 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
hi all, when i was in Spain 2 weeks ago i purchased among other things an alpine sierra p411 chainsaw when i got home i realized i had not got a manuel, i only used it for a short time and run it on 2 stroke 50 to 1 it did run o.k.but i was thinking it might be a four stroke has anyone got or used one of these might know

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: chain saw
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I doubt if it will be a four stroke,it would be to heavy and expensive.Running it 50/1 should be OK and it should be a little smokey (just to confirm it's a 2 stroke)

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
some also run at recommended 40/1 but its sure to be 2 stroke
it maybe written as 2T.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Are you sure its not an ALPINA chainsaw ......they have a website I think.

Quote:
hi all, when i was in Spain 2 weeks ago i purchased among other things an alpine sierra p411 chainsaw when i got home i realized i had not got a manuel, i only used it for a short time and run it on 2 stroke 50 to 1 it did run o.k.but i was thinking it might be a four stroke has anyone got or used one of these might know

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
my mistake it is an alpina i have searched the web and can find alpina saws but no information on them, what started me thinking it was a 4 stroke is that it has a chamber for oil which i thought was to oil the chain but when i pressed the button on the top of the handle which i presumed was the pump the engine stopped i tried it 3 times each time it stalled the engine, i asked one of the locals who can speak a bit of english and he said it was there to put extra oil in the carb, i do know a bit about engines but have never met this before.   cheers for the replies

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Found the P410 which is probably similar.  You should only have to push the button on the top a few times to prime the carb for starting it.  If you push it while it's running you'll flood it.

http://alpinachainsaws.co.uk/family.htm

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
cheers bigyin, i searched the web but did not come up with that website it is 50 to 1 or 2% as it says

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
50 to 1, 2%.  Same thing.  As you sound a bit unsure about using it, it would be a good idea to find out a bit more if necessary.  Nasty bits of kit if mishandled and you could wreck it by not maintaining it correctly.  Sorry if I'm teaching egg sucking.  Shout if you need any help.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
no problem using it i have used them many a time just got a bit confused with the pump stalling the engine i have not seen that before
      cheers for the help

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
I've not seen a top button before.  It's usually a transparent plastic bulb as you know.
Anyway, you're welcome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top