Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Massala - new indian restaurant in Tarragona (Read 8476 times)
Jeff
Ex Member

Massala - new indian restaurant in Tarragona
Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
If you are visiting Tarragona, you might like to try this very friendly Indian restaurant, which offers traditional biryanis, baltis and curries plus some pizzas and pasta dishes.

We tried poppadoms and onion bhajis (huge!), followed by chicken Madras (acceptably hot for UK tastes), a very tasty lamb Rogan Josh, basmati rice and nan-type bread (they don't seem to have a nan oven but remember we are in Tarragona).

For dessert, a kind of rice pudding with nuts and some interesting green raisins. With four Indian Cobra beers, coffee and rum chupitos our bill came to 39 euros for two, but you could easily eat for less. Various Indian vegetarian dishes. Portions are modest.

The decor is attractive and Salou veterans Said, Kamal and the lovely Lluna all speak excellent English and are really attentive and friendly: we felt very welcome and will definitely go back.

They offer wifi, a large screen TV also do a Bollywood evening so best start practicing your moves before you go Wink

Ramón y Cajal, 51, 43005 Tarragona. Near the bus station and the Parc Central/Eroski shopping centre, and about 10 minute's walk from the Corte Inglés and the Rambla. Tel. 977 220 847, massalarestaurant@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Re: Massala - new indian restaurant in Tarragona
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Oops, the name is Masala, not Massala, and the email is masalarestaurant@yahoo.com
Jeff

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
You don't have shares in it by any chance...

Wink

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info Jeff,have been caught out on the odd occasion when visiting & having to eat in  Tarragona,Nice to know about restaurants who really want you to return.  Smiley

IP Logged

colinmd
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Having read Jeff's comments, I decided to try out Masala, albeit with some scepticism, given that my attempts to find a decent English-style curry house in the twenty-odd years I have been in Spain, including Indian restaurants in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Tarragona, have been fruitless. The fare on offer has usually been adapted to local tastes, rather bland for my liking, and more often than not consisted of a selection on a tray.
The search is over. The Lamb Bhuna with rice, roti and Cobra beer that followed my samosa starter was of the standard of a good curry house in the UK and far superior to anything I have had outside the UK. And for 11.40€! Highly recommended.   Smiley

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2012 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Free WIFI with your poppadoms , I was able to have my 27inch screen laptop open on the table and take calls on my iphone just like I used to in the Restaurants in London ahhh the good old days.Telephone number if you wish to book is 977 220847.

I found the decor a little dull I like bright paint work with lots of nick knacks. Nobrot should be catered for though as they have two resident lady-boy dancers. See Vid below.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAB1CoweZEc

I suggest you take your hearing aids out before entering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S26Be-hbZoI&feature=related

Wink
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2012 at 2:38pm by »  

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
1 am posts do you not sleep? you could be the next hazelnut  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

DeltaR
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Thanks for mentioning vegetarian options. It's a big help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top