Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Reports of recent visits to local restaurants (Read 7038 times)
RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reports of recent visits to local restaurants
Feb 4th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Our first visit was to 'Table de Gilet' near to L'Ampolla, run by a French couple, I can only say 'dire' pretentious food tasted awful cost over 20 euros  each for the daytime menu.
Next was to well thought of 'Raco del Riu' over the new bridge at Deltebre here we chose the fixed menu for 30 euros each, bad choice, too dear,  mixed starters,following course the lobster with rice was tasteless obviously farmed probably frozen definately unsatisfactory & the pudding choice minimal, & as for the service our waitress never smiled she was a real  misery!
3rd one was a menu del dia for 15 euros at restaurant Sol in L'Ampolla, it started ok with some fish but the rice dish was claggy with hardly a tiny squid to be seen in it & neither of the 2 choices of pudding listed on the menu were available they tried to palm us off with a ready bought icecream concoction which we sent back & got a boring baked apple instead as the only thing available. We wont return there.
Yesterday we went to 'Nolla' in Tortosa & the food was very nice especially the 1st & 2nd courses, pudding not so good, the price worked out to 25 euros each. The place was full of local people.
We have been coming to this area for years & food in restaurants has gone down, too many short cuts & lazy cooking & the prices going up regardless. So from now on unless we read or are told of a good restaurant we won't bother with them! Sad

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Reports of recent visits to local restaurants
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
That,s the beauty of Mcdonalds not too dear, and always the same !!!! and there coffee is always OK.
Maybe not for the connoisseur Grin
Oh. and CJ the salt on the  wood burner works well good tip.
Phil

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
O.k. Riomar,

I can recommand you a restaurant. A littlebit out of direction maybe but a very good choice when you are on the road to (or from) tarragona/reus. In Grattalops (small village, about 10 km from mora, direction tarragona) you will find in the main street (piro 32) "Celler de Gratallops". They make a very, very good lunch menu for just under 20 euro's including a glas of wine. Not the cheapest you can get but very cheap for the quality they serve. Reviews on:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g616245-d1592653-Reviews-Celler_d...

Bon appetit!
Mark

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
The bar local (if you can find it) does the most fantastic catalan traditional food, Provi who does all the cooking, cooks simple everyday local dishes.
I have never paid more than €11 per head and this is usually for at least 3 courses sometimes 4 including a bottle of wine each plus acouple of carajillos
It is in calle Juventus in Bitem, - tell em i sent ya  Smiley
Stuff €30 per head for frozen warmed up food, get the real thing
one of my lunches lasted from 1.00 pm until 7.00 pm......but I am a bit greedy Wink

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 7:11am
Print Post  
L'Illa in L'Ampolla - best steak ever! Never had anything else from there but have heard it's not too good so stick with the Solomillo de buey.

Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top