Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Big blow for Reus Airport ?????? (Read 15504 times)
avalidopinion
Ex Member

Big blow for Reus Airport ??????
Feb 6th, 2012 at 1:09am
Print Post  
As one can read in the Spanish press the first brick will be laid at the new Paramount Pictures theme park at Alhama de Murcia during April 2012. I can see this project sealing the fate of the PortAventura Theme Park and people will fly direct to the new park down South.It will of course also effect Reus Airport and House/Flat rentals in our area and that of the park.The new park will be the size of 256 football pitches. See the video below. The Catalonia park looks tired and needs a vast amount of reinvestment to bring it up to date. 

Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WQbdFWbkC7Y

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: Big blow for Reus Airport ??????
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
"Move along,nothing to see here folks".........wont be finished till 2062 and I'll be dead by then

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 3:11am
Print Post  
The deal was that it will be open in 2015 and it is noted in the contracts.......cancel the funeral Nobrot.  Cry

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Well........ in 2006 I came to El Pinell de Brai. The locals just made a deal with Cern to build the biggest solar-panal fabric and a huge solar central next to the village. Within a year the build would start with a 25 Ha project. In the same year in Gandesa (6 km away from Pinell) a German company should start with building a large fabric and create 800 jobs. Never heard of both projects again.

And even if they do build this theme park by contract; it's over 500 km away and most of the Portaventura visitors come from around catalunya. For the interational visitors it's just one of the attractions of the Barcelona-region.

IP Logged

Harvo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
I personally think a bigger blow to Reus airport is the current Ryanair price list and limited service.
We, and our friends used Reus up to a dozen times a year at least..... but this year we are all booking into Barcelona on Easyjet because of price and flight frequency....even if you take into account the mileage and the tolls, a couple can make substantial savings this way.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Would normally agree with you Harvo,but have just booked a return flight yesterday (with Ryanair) from Reus to Bristol (Mid April) with good take off & landing times (both ways) for approx Euros 50 return!  Smiley
Have always found easyjet from Barcelona (El Prat) to be fairly priced & also plenty of flights to UK (Although they seem to cancel some flights very quickly at the mere hint of bad weather in the UK)

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
A flight from holland to Reus with Ryanair will cost me about 30 euro. The transfers from home to airport and Reus to finca cost me more.

I don't complain about Ryanair prices, it's even cheaper then walking! And the service maybe limited but for this price I find it a miracle they actually transport me in a plane with seats and I don't have to row on a galley Grin

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
I would love to use Jet2 Leeds/Bradford -Barc with the 22kg  bag allowance, but Ryanair always works out the cheapest for me,yeah and no rowing for me  El Alto.
Talking about Spanish projects LOL , anymore news of the new!!! dry canal getting any closer to getting any wetter ?

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Give me Ryanair everytime. I have just returned from Uk. door to door 12 hours -easy jet from Barcelona.It takes less than half that time from Reus.
The dry canal has had water in it,but it's gone now although the bottom resevoir has been filled, so what's going to happen next is a mystery !!

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Yep, have to agree,just booked 2 flights for end of April return Dublin to Reus + 4 days car hire for 192e total including petrol allowance - We live 60 miles from Dublin airport and can be door to door either way in 6 hrs.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley I am just very happy that Ryanair are coming back to Reus.
Having used Barcelona and Easyjet over the winter, I cant wait to sing Ryanairs praises.. Come on folks he's the best value for money we will ever have... It was costing me twice as much to get to Barcelona and back, than to fly UK with Ryanair.. Long may he prosper. Smiley

IP Logged

sleeper
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
[quote author=445C5D58595B415A40555D5A47340 link=1328486962/7#7 date=1328632041]I would love to use Jet2 Leeds/Bradford -Barc with the 22kg  bag allowance, but Ryanair always works out the cheapest for me,yeah and no rowing for me  El Alto.
Talking about Spanish projects LOL , anymore news of the new!!! dry canal getting any closer to getting any wetter ?[/quote]

Would anyone care to tell the story of 'The dry canal' please.

I am curious because we had a look at a property that overlooked it at christmas.
Thanks

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
If you search Google with 'historia canal seco xerta la senia' you will find a few bits of information about it.

or: http://territori.scot.cat/cat/notices/canal_xerta_la_sEnia_533.php

From what I have been told it was one of the last of Francos projects before his death. It was never completed and was abandoned. Over the years attempts have been made to revive it with little success in agreements between the various mayors.  A few years ago they finally reached an agreement and the current works were started; planned in phases over various years.

It seems (due to lack of money most likely) to have ground to a halt. I'm sure it will be re activated at some time.  The idea is to move irregation water from Xerta to La Senia. Many locals believe it is a part of the currently abandoned plan to move water to the Valencia province.  There have been many protests about this over the years.

There is also a plan to build a new road to bypass Tortosa, Roquetes and Jesus.  One of the proposed routes (and possibly the most likely as it has the least impact) follows the canal so be careful or you may end up with a dual carriageway passing your house.  Again, due to lack of money, this doesn't seem to be progressing but all crisis end at some point....

I'm sure there are people out there who have more information about the canal..

Nigel

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
As I said the other day the dry canal has had water in it and one of the resevoirs is full. Electricity has been installed upto the resevoir, so something is happening very slowly.I`m not expecting to irrigate my land any time soon.

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks Nigel for the link, they have done a heck of allot of work so far on it ,might if I get five minutes spare LOL take a drive along the new track to see how far they have got ,definitely new channel past were I turn of, past the bridge over it , on the road to Mas de Barbarians.
As for new road wouldn't that be good, but I wont hold my breath in this lifetime !!! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top