Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
loud noise (Read 2592 times)
robo
Ex Member

loud noise
Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
there i was sitting watching the sun going down when the wife shouted me,"come and listen to this "  when i entered the house she was convinced we had a problem with the electric lights as we both could hear what sounded like water in the lights making a very loud cricket type noise, it was only after turning various lights on and of that we realized the noise was coming from outside so around to the back of the house i went torch in hand to find the noise was coming from an almond tree as i shone the torch into the tree the noise moved to another tree then back again it was really deafening the dog at the house behind ours was going berserk and he is over 200 yards away, i have heard crickets before the brick yard where i started my apprenticeship some years ago had thousands of them but i have not heard anything like this before it was deafening, any one got a clue to what it could have been apart from triffids i have no idea

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: loud noise
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:36am
Print Post  
they are very loud...I hear them every time I start up my chainsaw Cheesy
The cicadas are very noisy but seems a bit early yet

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:39am
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOmdvuzC3U

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/bugs/cicada/

There is also a very very noisy frog and when you find the source it is really tiny but very loud. Small and loud !!!!!! I have one of those I married many years ago. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:01am
Print Post  
it was a lot louder than that you could not have made a video and talked on it the noise was deafening

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
The loud noise you heard probably came from cicada.
Also was probably a midwife toad, and not a small frog.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
it was a lot louder than that you could not have made a video and talked on it the noise was deafening

I am afraid I can not take credit for the video hearing again their accents I seem to recall it was made by two Eaton Schoolboys I am sure you can hear a young David Cameron doing the commentary ????  Grin Grin Grin Grin

More info Re The Cicada.
http://maggs224.hubpages.com/hub/The-Cicada

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top