Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 plumbing (Read 9507 times)
skibob
Ex Member

Re: plumbing
Reply #15 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:12am
Print Post  
if i turned the flo-rate down, i would have to run around in the shower to get wet. i'v got most of the filters out and it seems to be working a little better,cos the weather is warmer, Smiley truth will tell when the water is cold from he supply.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Also while i'm at it, our washing machine is not performing as it was supposed to, i think it may be a bit too computerised, anyone know of how to take the chip out Huh

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #17 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
if i turned the flo-rate down, i would have to run around in the shower to get wet. i'v got most of the filters out and it seems to be working a little better,cos the weather is warmer, Smiley truth will tell when the water is cold from he supply.

So you seem to have two problems.  Insufficient temperature out of the boiler and insufficient pressure.  What is the model number of your Ariston heater and how are you deriving your pressure (head or pump).  You're right that if you're struggling now for temperature, you'll definitely have problems in the winter.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #18 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Also while i'm at it, our washing machine is not performing as it was supposed to, i think it may be a bit too computerised, anyone know of how to take the chip out Huh

As far as I'm aware, the main functions of even the most modern washing machines are controlled by a rotary electromechanical timer which you won't be able to mess with.  What problems are you having with the machine ?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #19 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 10:01am:
Quote:

As far as I'm aware, the main functions of even the most modern washing machines are controlled by a rotary electromechanical timer which you won't be able to mess with.  What problems are you having with the machine ?

More likely to be electronic than mechanical - mechanical ones normally work fine on solar/generators - electronic is hit and miss.  I have a donated machine to experiment on as I have an idea how to get the machines to work, just need time to try out my ideas!

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Dont mind which problem i sort 1st. i'm on mains water, supplying about 1. 1/2 bar pressure, put both basin tap and the shower on and the gas flame increases twofold, but the pressure in the shower is not sufficient to get wet.
As far as the washing machine goes it's taking to long to complete each cycle, ( wash, rinse, spin.) each action works great.
hope you get a result soon Nigel. Smiley

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #21 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
I'll stay out of the washing machine conversation as Nigel is a lot more clued up than me.  Regarding the water supply problem, how have you measured your pressure at 1.5 bar ?  Is that at the mains supply to the house or at the input to the boiler ?
A couple of other things that have occurred to me.  You said that taking the filter off the tap improved the flow rate.  Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs but have you tried taking the rose off the shower head?  If you can fill a 10 litre bucket in about a minute with it off then your flow rate is OK so soak the rose in vinegar for about an hour to de-scale it.  You may also find very small stones blocking the holes in the rose.
The other thing is to check that your boiler is of sufficient capacity.  Usually expressed in Litres/minute which indicates how much water at 65 deg C it's capable of producing in a minute.  Anything less than about 10 is only really any good for a single point hand wash.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #22 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
So how are you getting on with your pressure/temperature problems ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top