Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
tiles lifting at the bottom of the swimming pool (Read 3842 times)
casa_de_los_ninos
Ex Member

tiles lifting at the bottom of the swimming pool
Apr 17th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
i have a small pool with mosiac tiles and the tiles constantly come off the bottom.i would like to pull all the tiles off the bottom and screed concrete on it and then paint it with pool paint.can anyone tell me if i need to put anything in the screed,like a water proofer.
   i would be very grateful if anyone could advice.
               thanks.
                     paul

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Re: tiles lifting at the bottom of the swimming pool
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Try This  Undecided  If you do not buy the  product it gives you an idea of what is required in the mix. Click on the PDF file Tech Data sheet for more tips. Good luck.

http://www.waterproofing-and-tanking.ronacrete.co.uk/details/16824/ronafix-pre-p...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
May be worth considering taking the tiles up.rendering or screeding the bottom again and retiling using a good waterproof adhesive.Will take you a bit longer to do but the result will be longer lasting.You will still have problems with the paint flaking.
Have you looked to see if there is any reason why the tiles are coming off .I repaired one  a few years ago because water was getting underneath from a poorly fitted inlet/outlet pipe and the tiles were lifting in sheets

IP Logged

jackflorrie1
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
you need to put silka1 in the screed its a spanish waterproofer have used it in all the cisternas we have built avalible from most builders merchants instructions are in english

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top