Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
UK Registered touring caravans (Read 1307 times)
Ex Member

UK Registered touring caravans
Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know if you can re-matriculate a UK registered caravan like you can with a car?

Apparently UK vans do not need MOT's (ITV) but Spanish ones do, hence the red number plate on the back of Spanish ones, as well as car registration number.

Any knowledge on this greatly appreciated.
Back to top
IP Logged
Ex Member

Re: UK Registered touring caravans
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Q? I have a caravan, does this need to be registered also?

A/ Yes, unlike in the UK, all caravans, irrespective of carrying capacity and all other towed vehicles, if over 750Kg in carrying capacity have to be registered

Caravans and trailers over 750 kg will be supplied with a separate red number plate showing the vehicle registration.

Trailers of less than 750Kg are not registered with the authorities, but are still required to have the correct paperwork, including a one-off ITV pass

The requirements for registration are different depending upon the towed vehicle type, but as with cars, European Type Approval or inspection as a unique vehicle is needed.

info expat insur company.

Motorhomes from the UK have been covered in old topics. There is also apparant problems with UK tow bars.

A little more info here   Undecided


expatmotorhome.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Back to top
IP Logged
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top