Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
liquid feed (Read 4263 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

liquid feed
May 5th, 2012 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know if you can buy iron liquid feed for plants with yellowing leaves and if so what would it be called in Spanish. Many Thanks.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: liquid feed
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2012 at 9:58am
Print Post  
"Liquid food with iron for plants with yellow leaves" translates as "Alimentos líquidos con hierro para las plantas con hojas amarillas" in Google Translate (useful tool).
If you go into Sol D'Ebre to the counter at the back of the big shed at the rear and present a piece of paper with the above written on, you should find that one of their resident experts will be able to help you.  It may help to know what type of plants are affected by the yellowing.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2012 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Thanks very much for the info, will try Sol D'Ebre next week and hope this resolves the problems with my Hydrangeas and Virgina creeper as they are both in containers.

IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Why do you think you need Iron ?

Plants main food is N,P,K.. so all fertilisers are graded by this ratio, eg. 8:2:2 [high N for growth] or  1:3:10 [for flower/fruiting]

Most people kill pot plants by overwatering, rotting the roots, overfeeding is also very common and easy to do.

Nitrogen deficiency, if you have it, is usually shown as a yellowing, from the bottom of the plant.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I have come across this problem before in Uk many years ago and knew what to use. As for overwatering and feeding, not guilty but him indoors is guilty every Saturday night but unfortunately he is still with me. I must admit I do wonder if he has root rot. The yellowing is the entire plant. Thanks for your input.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top