Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Mozzies (Read 6153 times)
patang
Ex Member

Mozzies
May 12th, 2012 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Why oh why do I get eaten alive by mozzies, while my Hubby sleeps peacefully on beside me,?

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Re: Mozzies
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
seems a bit early for mozzies, could be mosca negra, but even so why do women get bitten more than men, maybe we taste nicer !! Try citonella candles in the room.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2012 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Don't know if they work for Mosca Negra but your brst bet for mossies is the plug in, small heaters with the tablets in.  Available in Supermercados.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why oh why do I get eaten alive by mozzies, while my Hubby sleeps peacefully on beside me,?

Don't know if this will help but we found that by drinking a glass of orange juice every day or eating citrus fruit seems to reduce the number of bites. We now seem to be getting quite a few mozzies here at the shack on the hill and one of our dogs tends to get bitten quite a lot even by house flies. What we find helps our dog tribe is spraying pure lemon juice all over them. It doesn't seem to be sticky or mark the furniture and it does seem to work.
While walking around the empire with the dog I was just saying to the dog well at least the lemon juice is helping against the mozzies when the dog stopped, looked up and growled, my eyes followed and there sat on the wall between the two shacks ( we call it the courtyard ) was the biggest mozzie that I have ever seen. it was approx 2ft tall a huge beak and talons, which just spread it massive wings and took off with the greatest of ease, with the same ease of movement we turned and ran like bats out of hell in the opposite direction could both have qualified for the olympics.
Your Hero Bulldog.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
I don't like to suggest this but it is mozzies and not bed bugs isn't it ?   It is known that bed bugs prefer the female body

IP Logged

patang
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2012 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Thank you for all your replies, both helpful and humerous, definately mozzies, you can hear them buzzing at night, I dont know if the mosca negro buzzes, but I will try all your suggestions.
Cheers

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
No its not mosca negra.  The bloody things don't make a noise they just alight on you and you don't know until they've taken a bite !!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2012 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Just a thought - what about a mosquito net.  Lidl usually get some in about this time of year.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
I have just started taking Brewers Yeast tablets to see if they will keep the Mozzies away from me this year.
Fingers crossed they might work!

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 13th, 2012 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Just don't end up smelling like a brewery Rita as you might find that it keeps your friends away as well !!

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 13th, 2012 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
A net works very well especially if you do not like to fumigate the room with spray chemicals or smoke before you go to bed every night.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top