Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Prescription charges (Read 16190 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Prescription charges
Reply #15 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Prescription charges will depend on one's earnings here now, even as a pensioner.
So if you have several pensions, savings with interest, money coming in from rental etc. this will affect the charges.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 2:34am
Print Post  
You will now pay part of your prescriptions in relation to your income submitted to your local tax office in Spain. Everyone who is a resident should by law make a tax return cut off date 30th June even if you have no Spanish income in that case a zero tax return should be made in any event.This will now become paramount in relation to these latest charges as they are calculated from your tax form details of income as Rita states above,These are in turn  passed automatically through from Hacienda (the Spanish Tax Authority) to the Social Security office who issue your Spanish health care or SIP card. (Blue Card)  Sad

A Q&A article is below......

http://www.abacoconnect.com/articles/resident-taxes/sip-cards-and-means-tested-p...

Further info from the Britsh Embassy in Madrid re this and lots of healthcare issues.

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-spain/access...

FAQs (Translated from The Spanish Gov site)

How does it affect me if I am pensioner reform?
    Am I affected if I am a reform worker?
    What if I'm unemployed?
    Who has the right to health card?
    What will happen to those not entitled to the card?
    What if I have over 26 years and have never worked?

How does it affect me if I am pensioner reform?

If a pensioner with a non-contributory pension or have a minimum income, you will not pay anything for their medications.
    If you make less than 18,000 Euro a year will pay 10 percent of the price of medicines, up to 8 Euro a month.
    If you earn over 18,000 Euro, the maximum is 18 Euro per month.
    Only pensioners with incomes over € 100,000 will pay 60 percent of medicines, up to a limit of 60 Euro per month.
    In any case, health care is free.

Am I affected if I am a reform worker?

If you have an annual income less than 18,000 euros, will pay the same so far, 40% of the drugs.
    If your income exceeds € 18,000, but less than 100,000 euros, will pay 50%.
    If you enter more than 100,000 Euro a year will pay 60% of their medicines.
    Health care is free.

What if I'm unemployed?

For the first time, if you receive a minimum income or no longer receive any unemployment benefits, will not have to pay for drugs.
Who has the right to health card?

All Spanish and legal resident aliens are entitled to the card, which guarantees free health care.
What will happen to those not entitled to the card?

All people are guaranteed basic health care but do not meet the legal requirements for the card.
    If it's under 18 are entitled to the same attention as any Spanish citizen.
    It is also fully guaranteed assistance in pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum.
    In any case, all emergencies will be attended by illness or accident.

What if I have over 26 years and have never worked?

Nothing changes on their right to health care. But instead of receiving it as a beneficiary of their parents, will become owner of his own card.

charges.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #17 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I have a Spanish pension and was charged 1€ when i picked up my monthly prescription today.  That is far less than 10% of the cost of the medication I take.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Update re prescription charges and list of drugs no longer allowed on prescriptions, see www.tumbit.com

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #19 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
We were speaking to a friend recently who is usually gend up on matters such as this and told us, at her bank CX Catalunya Caixa that there are envelopes on the counter and if you are a client, you place your recepts for the tax you pay on prescriptions into these envelopes BUT YOU MUST BE 65YRS OR OVER you then hand it to the clerk and the bank gets you a refund back for these charges. She also told us there is a notice on the wall explaining how this is done. This is what we were told so don't shoot me as I'm only the messenger and can't read Spanish.
Bulldog.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #20 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Some of us women became pensioners at 60, so don't we count,  and will have to wait until we are 65 to claim any money back.

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
I wish I could become a pensioner at sixty. The last letter I received on the subject (a couple of months ago) said I wouldn't get it until I'm sixty four and a half. Not often I wish I was older than I am! Cry

IP Logged

UKinSpain
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
For your information.

On the British Embassy website this is some information about the changes in the healthcare system in Spain.  Please see link below:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-spain/access...

UKinSpain

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
My wife has been attending hospital to have her leg ulcers dressed.  Today we were given a prescription and told that she now had to get the dressings herself and take them into the nurse for application.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #24 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
I've just taken my monthly prescription to the chemist and for the first time had to pay 10% of the total cost plus 1€ for the prescription. I don't mind though, I'd rather pay 10% than 100% Wink

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:46am
Print Post  
We have just been informed that prescription charges here will now be linked to declared tax returns ( including pensioners ) .Does anyone have any further information or have any idea what the situation is for those that havn't made any tax returns ?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #26 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
The 1 euro charge for each item on prescription ends!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top