Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 advice on moving to the area (Read 6126 times)
Amanda
Ex Member

advice on moving to the area
Jul 19th, 2012 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Hello I am new to this Forum and am looking for some information and advice please. We currently live in the Province of Murcia but are planning to move (as soon as we can sell our apartment) to the Tarragona - Tortosa area and I would like any general advice or information especially Estate Agent recommendations - thanks

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Re: advice on moving to the area
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Hi Amanda and welcome.

I would advise you to RENT RENT RENT do not buy until you are sure property at the moment is very unstable and estate agents registered or otherwise will sell by any means. Rent and look around and use a solicitor when its time to buy outside of the area and no recommended by your agent. Remember here in Spain it can take 5 or 6 years to sell a house if you rent and are not happy after a few months you can move on.At the moment people who can not sell are willing to rent in the interim so you may find a good choice when you decide where you are going to settle.Remember also some sellers will let you rent with a view to buying if the property is vacant so you have all the aces just take all the advice on board and look out for the sharks they are all out there not just in the South Amanda. Good luck.  Wink

lovely_rustic_house.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jote

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Welcome Amanda,

Lovely here! Rieres is a good estate agency. One of the finca's in Bitem is also for rent (via owners)

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Amanda. I feel that avaidopinion has a very one sided bitter opinion of our area. ( maybe he is going be his own experience ) there are many genuine estate agents in the area, and plenty of legal properties or sale at good prices. As ever it is a case of do your homework and use a solicitor. We have been living here in Mora d Ebre on the river ebro for over 6yrs, and we are enjoying our life style and are very happy with all aspects of living in Spain. Im sure as intelligent people you can visit the area and form your own opinions. I just wanted to give you an alternative view of life here... good luck Jan.Smiley

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Rent and do your homework...as advised ...don't rush it...get to know the area...and refer to this forum and orthers !

uote author=022E222D2722430 link=1342698811/0#0 date=1342698811]Hello I am new to this Forum and am looking for some information and advice please. We currently live in the Province of Murcia but are planning to move (as soon as we can sell our apartment) to the Tarragona - Tortosa area and I would like any general advice or information especially Estate Agent recommendations - thanks [/quote]

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin Grin

I_m_not_bitter_don_t_you_know.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

scott22
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Good morning - not sure what sort of property you are looking to buy.  We have a property for sale in the Tortosa area.  If you PM me your email address or telephone number, then I can give you some more details and send you some photographs.  We are looking to relocate down to the south, so would be good to catch up.

IP Logged

Debbie
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
We have had our property in the Tortosa area for about 9 years now and love it BUT I think it is very sound advice to rent first, so you can make sure you like the area and it has what you require.
Good luck Wink

IP Logged

Hen_Fox
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Renting for six months is very sound advice as you will really get to know the area and which  particular bit of it you want to live in. We love it here and I'm sure you will too! Smiley

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Not the most "truthful" of papers but here is a recent "View" of property sales from their point of view and a nice holiday for the reporter. Remember not all estate agents are like this  Grin   Read the comments section from some "Victims"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/holidays/article-2175013/Return-Costa-property-...

When purchasing a property it is important to have sight of both the Land Registry and the Catastral records to ensure that any errors are noted and corrected.

If this is not done, it can be that the buyer will be responsible for obtaining licenses and/or paying fines for unauthorised works or even for changing the property back to its former legal state. Whilst conscientious solicitors may endeavour to assist the client in this way, surveyors will often be the only one to compare the size and use of the actual property to the recorded descriptions on the Nota Simple and Catastral records. Differences in these records to the actual building are often a means of identifying potential problems of ownership and/or legality. With this knowledge the potential buyer can then instruct his or her lawyer to ensure that corrections are made prior to purchase and at the cost of the seller.

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
It is a good idea to rent and look around.

There are a number of different English communities in the Tarragona - Tortosa area if that is what you are looking for.

A few of these areas are:-
Many villages etc around Tortosa itself.
Mora region
El Perello region
Freginals/Amposta region
LŽAmpolla region

These are probably the most English populated areas, so you may want to look at these, or avoid these Wink
I am sure other people will add places to this list that I have missed, or forgotten. Good Luck.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:54pm
Print Post  

Its_greet_ear_init_real_SPAIN_.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top